Halyard is no longer in mast!

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Even on our tri, I’m not the keenest mast climber. I guess there is good and bad. On one hand, the platform is very stable, and the mast is very rigid. But on the other hand, it’s pretty much 50ft up, and theres no chance of missing the boat and landing in the water.

Refueler

Visit site
50ft up and hit water ....... given that you will not be setup like a high diver - most likely you will seriously injured or dead hitting water ... they say its like hitting concrete if not done correctly.

jaminb

Visit site
Having washed my main sheet in the washing machine last week I thought I would treat the main halyard to a wash this week.

I now have the halyard hanging out the sheave and a jammed mousing line! Kicking myself for not taping the knot. Anyone know a cheap monkey in Southampton?
Just a positive conclusion to my silly mistake. Spencer Rigging charged me an hour to retrieve the halyard. I have now washed the halyard and tied and taped to the mousing line and rethreaded without further incident. Not to bad an outcome and I have learnt from a mistake I will not repeat.