Guernsey visit this season?

ashtead

Visit site
No but if paying out at a marina where outside the sill the pontoons have no power etc and rock and roll in slightest breeze the least they can do is provide facilities that reflect current trends unless of course they just expect visitors to run genset or engines all the time I suppose for power -maybe the pontoons have improved since though. That said maybe a trip adviser site for marinas isn’t a bad idea .

Boathook

Visit site
No but if paying out at a marina where outside the sill the pontoons have no power etc and rock and roll in slightest breeze the least they can do is provide facilities that reflect current trends unless of course they just expect visitors to run genset or engines all the time I suppose for power -maybe the pontoons have improved since though. That said maybe a trip adviser site for marinas isn’t a bad idea .
Last time I was at St Peter Port the pontoons outside the marina had water and there was a shower block by the dockside restaurant. Showers not to some solent standards but perfectly serviceable. Big problem is possibly number of shower cubicles during peak periods, ie school holidays.

ashtead

Visit site
I suppose when StPP is compared to facilities such as found at St Cast say it just shows the lack of investment . Even a Quick Look at Jersey would lead to improvement but I guess each to their own. The dockside restaurant was very good though and plenty of other reasonable eateries in town . I just think the harbour authority need to take a look at what can be achieved in a small port with some modest improvement. It also did have the look of an airport car park I recall around the front.

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com
I rely on marina WiFi as much as I use marina showers. ie I use my own.
(Although the WiFi at premier universal where I’m based is very fast and very reliable this is unusual in marinas)
As a visitor to St PP, I use Victoria marina. I am using Giffgaff. I used to use Three. Neither work for a visitor to Guernsey or Jersey. In recent years the St PP marina WiFi has been good. Last year it was non-existent.
Has anyone been to StPP this year. If so, what did they do for WiFi?

Boathook

Visit site
As a visitor to St PP, I use Victoria marina. I am using Giffgaff. I used to use Three. Neither work for a visitor to Guernsey or Jersey. In recent years the St PP marina WiFi has been good. Last year it was non-existent.
Has anyone been to StPP this year. If so, what did they do for WiFi?
I just use my phone with 'unlimited' data roaming, not that I've been abroad this year.

Boathook

Visit site
I believe that some mobile operators treat the Channel Islands as not-UK, and not EU - and therefore don’t allow free roaming. We got hit by a big bill in this way a few years back.
I'm with EE and the CI's are part of my 'package'. Having gone unlimited data late last year, it is one thing less to worry about from my view point.

tetleys

Visit site
Check your unlimited data contract as you will probably find their is a fair use policy restricting you to 25 or 50 GB per month of roaming

Cheers
Tetley’s