GRP cleaner

G

PBO this month recommended '3M Fibreglass Cleaner and Wax' to make one's pride and joy sparkle, do any of you agree?

Do you know of a better cleaner? I would be impressed with a good cleaner at a keen price. This weekend will see me using old fashioned elbow grease, weather permitting.

Thanks.

G

Use cream Cif (not the green washing up type.) A fraction of the price and if anything better than the expensive boat polishes.

G

Use cream Cif (not the green washing up type.) A fraction of the price and if anything better than the expensive boat polishes.

G

I use B&Q's patio cleaner applied with a sweeping brush to clean top sides & hull also removes fungal growth ubove & below WL. Hose off with water. Costs about £$ for 2 1/2 gallons. Use car polish for a shine. Why waste £££'s on over priced "Yachtie Products"?

G

I used Jiff to clean the topsides of my 32' boat only yesterday. The results as always are good and only cost a few pence plus lots of elbow grease. I have also used Farecla no 10, a very fine rubbing compound (in liquid form) and this also works well. To polish I use Mer polish or the coloured car polish you can buy. I have found that all these work as well and probably much better than the so called marine products and at a fraction of the price.

G

I was just an hour ago watching my lovely Nicholson gleaming away after being Cif't or Jif't up.

Why pay more,,,, and you can also wash the floor.

G

Thanks for info.

Should the 'Cream Cif' read Jif?

I've not heard of 'Cif'