Greek residency

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
As we plan to spend 6 months in Greece and 6 months UK does having a Greek S1form stop us having access to the NHS when back home?
My experience is that if you keep quiet nothing will change. We lived in the Netherlands for 7 years and had residency there. Naturally, we signed up with a GP there and as far as we knew he attended to the documentation. When we returned we went back to our old practice, to be told 'you must be very healthy, we haven't seen you for a while'.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Also, does the residency permit allow you to stay in other EU countries while cruising? Very interested in this.
This is a good question , some say yes but I have my doubt for one very good reason , take the boat people who arrived in places like Italy or Malta , most now have residency in them country , you don't see them jumping on plain and moving to the UK /Germany/France, if it give them free movement they wouldn't still be in the same country they landed on

nortada

Visit site
This is a good question , some say yes but I have my doubt for one very good reason , take the boat people who arrived in places like Italy or Malta , most now have residency in them country , you don't see them jumping on plain and moving to the UK /Germany/France, if it give them free movement they wouldn't still be in the same country they landed on

I know of Brits in Malta who are flying back and from the UK. Don't think many Brits have any interest flying Italy/Malta to Germany or France.

Aren't we missing something? Until 31/12/20 we all still have total freedom of movement and post 31/12/20 Brits(with residency) flying between UK and Italy/Malta should have no problems at either end.

It could be interesting to see how Brits with residency in one Schengen country flying from their host country into another Schengen country fair.

Last edited: