Greek registration

grumpygit

Visit site
I have the option to privately buy a Greek registered boat that is Greek owned. How do I go about retaining the boat on a Greek flag? I am a third national (UK), a Greek property owner and a residence card holder.
I have tried Google with very little success, the search seemed to be more for company ownership so I'm asking if anyone help please or point me it the right direction.
The boat owner say's it's easy but I have never found any bureaucracy easy in Greece. ;)

Davy_S

Visit site
I don't know if this is of any use to your situation, when i lived in Greece, also property and residence holder, i bought a Greek registered small boat, the seller went to the port police and told them he had sold the boat to me, i went to the PP and registered it in my name, i can't remember the cost, but it was bobbins, i had no problem at all, the PP were very helpful. it was Sami PP on Kefalonia.

pmartin127

Visit site
For the last 6 years I have owned a Greek flagged boat which was put into a sole-trader business. But I have recently been told that post-B this will
no longer be allowed.
The only two options presented to me were to have a Greek company set up for me by someone who is Greek. The options are an IKE or a NEPA.
The company will buy the boat from me and I would be the single shareholder and I will be able to buy the boat back but would have to deflag her.

Whether these same rules appy if you are a residence card holder I don't know. Whereabouts in Greece are you? I might be able to put you in touch
with someone who knows the ins and outs.

There was a 3rd option suggested and that was to flag her with a Polish flag - which I didn't even consider as it seemed a loophole which could be
closed in the future.

grumpygit

Visit site
Whether these same rules appy if you are a residence card holder I don't know. Whereabouts in Greece are you? I might be able to put you in touch
with someone who knows the ins and outs.

Thanks for your posts, I am on the Peloponnese and I have had all sorts of varying advice, at the moment the Greek seller is looking into me having it on a Greek flag. It sort of makes sense to leave it Greek flagged as I will never want to take back to the UK and the insurance will be easier and no doubt cheaper than trying to find a UK company to insure me out here.
I will of course use the SSR as a last alternative if the Greek flag fails, I wouldn't like to even try to go down the road of a Polish flag.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
I have the option to privately buy a Greek registered boat that is Greek owned. How do I go about retaining the boat on a Greek flag? I am a third national (UK), a Greek property owner and a residence card holder.
I have tried Google with very little success, the search seemed to be more for company ownership so I'm asking if anyone help please or point me it the right direction.
The boat owner say's it's easy but I have never found any bureaucracy easy in Greece. ;)
As the owner of a French company with subsidiaries in Greece and Italy, I can tell you the Italian bureaucracy is far worse.