greek cruising tax.

rigpigpaul

Visit site
Hi All, I want to spend a couple of weeks sailing in Greece this summer. I am based in Turkey, 12.5m, UK flagged, vat paid. How much will the cruising tax cost? I had 300 euros in my head but looking on a youtube blog, 1200 euros was quoted. Thanks in advance.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Hi All, I want to spend a couple of weeks sailing in Greece this summer. I am based in Turkey, 12.5m, UK flagged, vat paid. How much will the cruising tax cost? I had 300 euros in my head but looking on a youtube blog, 1200 euros was quoted. Thanks in advance.
Expect to pay between 100 and 200 euro if your docs. show boat length around 12.5m. Charges are based on calendar month. Arrive in May and leave in June makes it 200 euro, staying within a single month is 100 euro. It makes sense to plan arrival and departure dates to be in the same calendar month if only staying 2 weeks.

My boat ís 12.59m and in Greece but last paid in 2019 due to COVID. I paid 100.72 euro per month (8 x 12.59).

Last edited:

Yngmar

Visit site
Price brochure: https://www.aade.gr/dl_assets/etepai/etepai_e-brochure_en.pdf

So for 12.5m it's 8 EUR per meter = 100 EUR per month.

Beware, it's per calendar month, so arriving on the 27th and leaving on the 25th of the next month for example would mean paying for two full months. Plan accordingly.

You pay by SEPA bank transfer after registering an account, filling a form and being issued a reference number.

Everything (in English) here: eTEPAI | ΑΑΔΕ

rigpigpaul

Visit site
Hi All, I have read the price brochure. It reads payment can be made at the Customs Authority: "only for privately owned ships flying non-EU flags, as part of the Transit Log issuing process".
So will I have to pay for a Transit Log?

Irish Rover

Visit site
Hi All, I have read the price brochure. It reads payment can be made at the Customs Authority: "only for privately owned ships flying non-EU flags, as part of the Transit Log issuing process".
So will I have to pay for a Transit Log?
It's 2 years since I crossed from Turkey but procedure was Passport control first, then Customs and Port Police. You can pay the tax to Customs same time as tranit Log. The Log was around €30 and I think there was a check-in fee of €5 and a checkout fee of €5 when leaving Greece.

Yngmar

Visit site
Yes, non-EU flagged boats need a transit log. See Noonsite | Greece
Section "Formalities for Non-EU boats with a non-EU skipper".

Not sure if you still need to get it stamped in every port you visit or not, but you don't if you anchor out and visit by tender :)

Also note recommendation for clearing in by agent when coming from Turkey.

dgadee

Visit site
Yes, non-EU flagged boats need a transit log. See Noonsite | Greece
Section "Formalities for Non-EU boats with a non-EU skipper".

Not sure if you still need to get it stamped in every port you visit or not, but you don't if you anchor out and visit by tender :)

Also note recommendation for clearing in by agent when coming from Turkey.

Did I read a CA posting from a few days ago which said no, you don't need this? Will have to look it up.

Edit: Yes, Christopher Robb stated:

"Due to the on-going possibility of Jeopardy in the potential for fines for non possession of a Transit Log, following the Instructions of the AADE (Customs_ Vat) that NO Transit Log is required, The embassy is formally going to talk with the Hellenic Coast Guard and AADE to get assurances that there will not be problems here.

To put this in prospective, It has seem to be totally accepted that NO transit Log is required, which was reflected in the fact that from Late summer anyone applying for a UTL having NOT left Greece was politely told they did not need one."

Join the CA and see the full text ...

citybubble101

Visit site
Expect to pay between 100 and 200 euro if your docs. show boat length around 12.5m. Charges are based on calendar month. Arrive in May and leave in June makes it 200 euro, staying within a single month is 100 euro. It makes sense to plan arrival and departure dates to be in the same calendar month if only staying 2 weeks.

My boat ís 12.59m and in Greece but last paid in 2019 due to COVID. I paid 100.72 euro per month (8 x 12.59).
Check the “E-Tepai - update of instructions from the CA” and the .. very colourful brochure from the Greek govnt: https://www.aade.gr/dl_assets/etepai/etepai_e-brochure_en.pdf

Mistroma

www.mistroma.com

marcot

Visit site
I paid the e Tepai fee but added "Tepai payment code" to the 20 digits .
after 15 days no paid Tepay.
What can I do besides paying again?

Mistroma

www.mistroma.com
I paid the e Tepai fee but added "Tepai payment code" to the 20 digits .
after 15 days no paid Tepay.
What can I do besides paying again?
I suspect you need to pay again but not certain. I seem to remember e-paravolo required a Greek tax number before it would let me enter the bank code allowing possibility of a refund. I just left both fields blank and that gave no chance of an easy refund.

I always pay in the local post office and keep the receipt until.It shows paid. It seems safer and chance of a refund with receipt and credit card for payment.

Perhaps someone else will have some good news about a refund. I seem to remember that the money is usually returned when it can't be matched to a transaction. I think this usually took 2 weeks, perhaps you're will be returned within a few more days. Could be it was 14 working days.

Last edited: