Greek cruising tax......again!

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
A friend has just received an e-mail from their yard (on Leros) saying that they need to purchase a new DEKPA dated and valid from 010117, with cost depending on the length of boat. This sounds suspiciously like the TPP rearing its head again.

I've searched via Mr Google and looked at the public parts of the CA and can find nothing new. Is there something I'm missing?

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
A friend has just received an e-mail from their yard (on Leros) saying that they need to purchase a new DEKPA dated and valid from 010117, with cost depending on the length of boat. This sounds suspiciously like the TPP rearing its head again.

I've searched via Mr Google and looked at the public parts of the CA and can find nothing new. Is there something I'm missing?

Steph, Found the below (plus other stuff) on Noonsite http://www.noonsite.com/Countries/Greece?rc=Formalities:

Note: A new DEKPA form was introduced at the end of September 2016 and the price for a DEKPA increased.

See Joint Ministerial Decision Document here (in Greek).

Any yachts with a DEKPA issued prior to this date will need to purchase a new version DEKPA before August 2017. After this time all old DEKPAs will become invalid.

Currently (November 2016), it is not uncommon for no DEKPA forms to be available as the new version comes into use. In this case, get your crew list stamped and the lack of DEKPA forms noted upon it. Alternatively, download a copy of the new DEKPA form here.

and

Proposed Circulation Tax (TPP)

This new cruising tax was due to come into force in January 2014, introduced to impose a new duty on all private and commercial craft using Greek waters. However the system of paying the tax was never properly introduced. It was written into Greek law in August 2016 and is expected to be properly implemented from January 2017. The Cruising Association continue to talk with the Greek Ministry of Shipping and represent the best interest for cruising yachts.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I hope not Albert , as you know ours is in Greece and so far we not heard any thing from the Marina .
Can't find any thing on Noonsite , but then I can't much on the internet these days any way , ( maybe an age thing :) )
other wise I wouldn't be on the Graham bell to you every five mins :) .

jordanbasset

Visit site
Steph, Found the below (plus other stuff) on Noonsite http://www.noonsite.com/Countries/Greece?rc=Formalities:

Note: A new DEKPA form was introduced at the end of September 2016 and the price for a DEKPA increased.

See Joint Ministerial Decision Document here (in Greek).

Any yachts with a DEKPA issued prior to this date will need to purchase a new version DEKPA before August 2017. After this time all old DEKPAs will become invalid.

Currently (November 2016), it is not uncommon for no DEKPA forms to be available as the new version comes into use. In this case, get your crew list stamped and the lack of DEKPA forms noted upon it. Alternatively, download a copy of the new DEKPA form here.

and

Proposed Circulation Tax (TPP)

This new cruising tax was due to come into force in January 2014, introduced to impose a new duty on all private and commercial craft using Greek waters. However the system of paying the tax was never properly introduced. It was written into Greek law in August 2016 and is expected to be properly implemented from January 2017. The Cruising Association continue to talk with the Greek Ministry of Shipping and represent the best interest for cruising yachts.

That's annoying, we only got ours in June 2016

Tony Cross

Visit site
As I've said before I think all cruisers in Greece should expect that the TPP or a variant will be introduced eventually, and quite possibly soon. I know that the EU creditors are pressing very very hard for its implementation.

I've come across these stories too in the last few days but I don't yet know whether it's simply a 'new' DEKPA or the foundation of the TPP. My gut feel is that it's the former, with the TPP there will be no need for a DEKPA form at all.

Carmel2

Visit site
As I've said before I think all cruisers in Greece should expect that the TPP or a variant will be introduced eventually, and quite possibly soon. I know that the EU creditors are pressing very very hard for its implementation.

I've come across these stories too in the last few days but I don't yet know whether it's simply a 'new' DEKPA or the foundation of the TPP. My gut feel is that it's the former, with the TPP there will be no need for a DEKPA form at all.

Does it correlate with what we were told in November Tony? IE, "can we get a new stamp?" "No, come back next year for the new-style Dekpa."

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
Some friends of ours who are staying in Ag Nig, Crete have told us:
"A friend who is a cruising association member told us that we all have to have a new Depka and a blue book and they are bringing in the new tax, we are supposed to go to the Port authority."

Would some one from the CA like to comment on this.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Some friends of ours who are staying in Ag Nig, Crete have told us:
"A friend who is a cruising association member told us that we all have to have a new Depka and a blue book and they are bringing in the new tax, we are supposed to go to the Port authority."

Would some one from the CA like to comment on this.

There is nothing about it on the CA site, in fact I alerted Chris Robb, who is in touch with whatever Greek authorities he can contact, about this thread. He is pursuing it as best he can.

JonJon

Visit site
Yes I did see the 50 euros in there somewhere as well. I guess as always we will have to wait and see what happens I do have a few boxes spare on my DEKPA but was rather hoping they were going to get rid of the thing altogether.

Tony Cross

Visit site
Not easy to follow but it seems to me to say nothing about a new DEKPA. What it does say (I think) is that when the current DEKPA is full it needs to be replaced with a new one.

I've just had it translated by the marina manager here and it basically says:

...whenever you need a stamp in the current DEKPA, you will have to get a new DEKPA

I think it's this bit in the document provided by miagimoon...

12. Private pleasure craft which are fitted with DE.K.P.A.*until the publication of this, shall be equipped with a new form of any Port Authority as provided in the rules, within a period of one year from its publication and in any case before the expiry date of the visa current form CI .K.P.A. [D.E.K.P.A.]

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
So how much is a new DEKPA? My old one is starting to disintegrate, I hope this time its A4 size?

Reading the law posted above - which is unfortunately not in understandable english, the cost of a new DEKPA will be €50.

So far the only feed back from the Ministry of Shipping in Greece, is that the Min of Finance has not come back to them yet. The Marina Association says that since their last meeting where they tried to press for a tax based on usage, not sitting in a marina, but have heard nothing since. They have been quoting to the Greek government the Italian experience which caused the annual take on their standard tax to drop from €125M to €25. The Marina Association worry that all the big yachts will just bugger off!

To be clear, the old law (TPP) was repealed and a new law which is called a DUTY was announced mid 2016.

We keep pressing for info - but nothing yet.

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
How come someone (person unknown at this stage) has managed to post on Noonsite some fairly up to date information about this (they even manage to provide links to the relevant documents / laws) and the CA who profess to be in close dialogue with the Greek Authorities know shall we say "not a lot".

I think we have all managed to worked out that the cost of a new DEPKA will be €50 and that you will need to get the new DEPKA when your old one needs a new stamp. However, it also seems to indicate that you will need a new DEPKA each time a vessel enters the country. Does that mean that unlike the old DEPKA you will have to cancel the DEPKA if you sail to another EU country such as Italy. Then on return purchase another DEPKA?