Greece - where to leave the boat in water for one month?

Vladis

Visit site
Hello,

This summer I need to interrupt my sailing season for almost the whole month of August. My boat is 40 feet and it is presently on land in a shipyard in Aegina. I have the option of using the same shipyard but I would like to avoid all the trouble of hauling out just for 4 weeks. Unfortunately a place in water in Porto Cheli (buoy looked after by a local shipyard) is not available as they are fully booked.

I wonder if any fellow sailor could suggest me some alternative (if possible with contact information). Chalkidi or Methana marinas, could be a solution but I do not have any contact information. Last year I was told that there are mooring buoys that we could rent in Galatas but, again, I do not know who shall I contact. As a last option, I have the possibility of using one of the Marinas in Athens but the price is much higher.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, Luis

Twhitt

Visit site
Try Greek Sails in Poros, easy to find on web. They have a quay which should be fairly empty in August, plus think they may have access to buoys off Galatas, opp side of chanel.