Greece harbour fees your turn to contribute

charles_reed

Visit site
Kalamata.
€21/night for 10m, electricity, showers and washing machine provided - up to 1 tonne water for another €4.00. Includes CA/RYA discount.

Expensive compared to anchoring, but I need some electrical replacements, due here the day after the Great Referendum. Most people here are still wondering what the question is that they're being asked and all of them are pissed off with Tsipras. (Even Yurgos the PP who called round yestermorn).
Useful though to stock up - Carréfour and Lidl just up the ring road and all taking credit cards. I may go up to the big Saturday market and get some €1/litre wine, though that will have to be cash.
I haven't had to touch the €600 I withdrew Monday week. Everyone eager to take credit cards!!!

Last edited:

charles_reed

Visit site
But see post #37 above. Port Police can always be relied upon to have their own interpretations of the rules!

I'll bear that out - this year's stamp @ Thassos had one for departure as well - and you'll be asked to produce your DEKPA (for scrtiny) at every marina you visit. Best to indulge the poor chaps, because they're looking @ a 40% attrition rate, therefore justifying themselves by business.

Tony Cross

Visit site
Thanks for that info. Confusion arose as customs official who issued depka to me 5 days ago said it needed stamping in and out of each port and subsequently stamped me out of argostoli two days later with fiskado as the destination.

Mind you, looks good with no less than 5 different stamps and. signatures for the short stay at argo. They do love stamping things!

BTW, here in Ionian till sept. Anyone sees Serenite, Oceanis 36 centre cockpit, bang on the hull, the beers cold!

Although the DEKPA now legally only requires a stamp once per year, the port police anywhere in Greece can demand that you bring your papers to their office for inspection - at any time too.

You'll also find that many port police prefer things the way they were and either out of ignorance or bloody-mindedness will want to stamp your DEKPA. The best advice is to smile, be polite, don't argue (it will get you nowhere) and be sure to get a stamp out if they have insisted you stamp in, that will save any agro at the next port if the port police there are from the Mr Awkward mould as well.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
When I started this tread I was asked by VYV what was I getting at ? Well with your help VYV and other who contributed to the thread we now have some very up to date , data on harbour fees which some will find useful , I have now edit the info in two parts , west and east Greece ,if people keep the info coming and I will keep updating the data in the right order .
Back to you guys .
Keep sailing and be safe

Eastern Greece

Kalamos €11.30 for two nights 10.6 metres.
Poros floating pontoon free of charge.
South Quay charged 0.47/m. Water & Elec I believe was 3 Euro each.
Nisiros no charge for mooring 5 euros for water and 5 for power per day .
IOS no mooring fees power and water need to buy a card , charge u known
Kea mooring 7 euros first night 5 the second night , water and power wasn't working
Kythnos Loutra 6 euro night
Syros Foinika 6 euro night
Naxos 15 euro night including water and power
Astipalali. Mooring free water and power 5 euro each per night
Tilos lavadia mooring 11.50 plus 5 euro each for water and power .
Aigina, Epidavros, Kea and Syros . . . all €0.47 pm + 23% vat water and electric extra at various rates.
Pythagorian, Samos: no charges
without.)
Plomarion, Lesbos: port police visit recently arrived lesure boats with form for completion. Statutory charges levied, but water/power at no extra cost.
Gaios, Paxos 19.5 eur for a 43footer (12.8m). No electricity, no water.
Koufonisia €17 per night including water and electricity for boats 9 - 11 metres.
Chalkis (Halki)is Eur 8.54 for our 12.2 meters and included water.
Argostoli first night side on 15 Euros
Subsequent nights stern to, 6.27 Euros, water from 1 tap no electric.
Itea - nothing 2 nights PP visited
Lavrion - around 25 euros inc water and power - private port so they charge accordingly
Khalkis - 8 euros 2 nights inc water and power PP visited
Orei- - 3 nights 12 euro water and power card no PP
Nea Klima - free inc water and power PP visited
Kos Town Harbour (29 Euro/night + Elec & Water)
Paphos (45 Euro incl water & Elec for 5
Tinos. Elec free. Water free if you get it from the fountain,

Western Greece
Preveza alongside, 6 inc water and electric
Zakinthos, asked for 20, accepted 8
Gaios (early May), free
, Vonitsa, free
Lafkas free
, Kastro free
Frikes free ,
Sami free
Poros free
Argostoli free
Ag Nikolaos free
Mesolongi (weekend) free
Navpactos free, inc water i
Sami free
Kalamata.
€21/night for 10m, electricity, showers and washing machine provided - up to 1 tonne water for another €4.00. Includes CA/RYA discount.
Little Vathi €0 on town quay, €39.50 inc vat in the marina (11 metre boat)
Sivota €0 on Stavros pontoon
Nidri €0 on quay, €11 on Athos pontoon
Kioni €0 on quay
Big Vathi (current position) €0 on quay.
Eufimia, 1 EURO per metre plus vat per night, plus one off charge of 5 Euros for water and 4 Euros for electric. Electric charge is supposed to be for per day
Trizonia - nothing 2 nights

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Well done, Vic, could prove very useful. I can add that the charge for a mooring buoy in Levitha remains €7, no change in the past five years. If you stay a second night there is normally no further charge.

Gypsyjoss

Visit site
Hi
Most of the harbours on Evia are now policed by OLNE, though I have to say that the visits by the collection official are erratic except in Chalkida where they also police the bridge. The formula was the same in all 3 places i payed. It's 80 Euros per metre per year plus VAT. So a 3 day stay (2 nights) for me was 9.85 x 80 x 3 / 365 = 6.48 plus VAT @23% = 7.96 Euros. Also they charge by the day not night. Evia has a 12 Euro card which can be used in all the Evia ports that now have water/elec points. Pretty good and reasonable, though I found that the supply pillar in Karistos only half works! The greeks have never got the hang of maintenance, have they!

Pete

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Argostoli and Sami are now charging.

Tony they always have charged it just the luck of the draw if you get caught , I didn't want to say anything when it was reported it was free ,
Same applies to Poros and Gaios on Paxos , except Poros it become less and less that the Pp come out of their office in the last two years , messilonghi on the quay now and then you will be ask to report and again charged .

Caladh

Visit site
We have been in Thasos for the last week on the long quay where all the yachts go. Nice and safe. Nice town but full of Romanians and Bulgarians plus a few Brits of course ! No charges, no PP. Water and electric if you go stern to the quay by the road and water available to others free by can or move the boat to the taps and then move off again.

alexsailor

Visit site
Trizonia 0eur, PP just wants you to fill a form and show insurance
Galaxidi 7.33eur (43footer;12.8m); water & electricity extra
Killyini, W Peloponissos;0eur, water & electricty free

SamanthaTabs

Visit site
Nice one Vic :encouragement:

Shout at me if this comment isn't relevant... Porto Spilia, Spartakhori. Free including water, electric and albeit dodgy wifi. Eat at taverna, yeah to a night off from cooking! There's showers and a washing machine plus mini market here too.

alexsailor

Visit site
Ag. Nikolaos,Zakynthos; Dimitris place; 0eur, 24h electricty, water (not good quality-salty);washing machine; a visit to taverna is not obligatory but desired (good food, reasonable price);fuel,minimarket,wifi...

charles_reed

Visit site
We have been in Thasos for the last week on the long quay where all the yachts go. Nice and safe. Nice town but full of Romanians and Bulgarians plus a few Brits of course ! No charges, no PP. Water and electric if you go stern to the quay by the road and water available to others free by can or move the boat to the taps and then move off again.

Some inaccuracies (if you're referring to Limenas on Thassos). I'd suggest you'd modify your impression of "safe" in a strong W. Talk to Christian of "Antilia", if you want detail!!
Port Police there definitely are and the same uniform for the two who are harbour control. They've now got 7 of the water and power turrets working around the NE corner. All controlled by Gigieffe cards, obtainable from the office upstairs at the other side of the old harbour.
Certainly no charge (except for water and power). Most people tie up alongside - not a good idea for topsides in turbulent weather. The harbour floor is mainly rock and weed, very poor holding, hence the lack of a Mediterranean moor in most cases. The only "free" water and electricity is provided for the two FVs in the cabinet by the dolphin - whilst water top-up is permitted, taking electricity is not (as the FVs pay).
I've had a couple of stays there this year - amounting to about 3 weeks.