Greece harbour fees your turn to contribute

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Poros just spent 3 days on the floating pontoon free of charge. The lady who normally comes round to collect the payments never appeared. Friends were on the South Quay last week and were charged 0.47/m. Water & Elec I believe was 3 Euro each.

Interested to know , have you stop any where else and what was the fees , or was Poros the only place you stopped in Greece ? Any other example that will help others cruisers .
We also stopped in Poros in April , on the quay at the time they where painting new lines and putting in new power and water , no fees at the time .but it's very clear there will be in the further .

Last edited:

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Interested to know , have you stop any where else and what was the fees , or was Poros the only place you stopped in Greece ? Any other example that will help others cruisers .
We also stopped in Poros in April , on the quay at the time they where painting new lines and putting in new power and water , no fees at the time .but it's very clear there will be in the further .

We were on the pontoon for a couple of nights around this time last year. We were not charged and even had free water.

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com

Other than Kos Town Harbour (29 Euro/night + Elec & Water) we have not stopped in any other harbour or marina since leaving Paphos (45 Euro incl water & Elec for 5 nights) on route from Egypt. We are just about self sufficient but needed to go on either the pontoon or quay at Poros to collect our new anchor chain from Spyros.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Thanks Miyagimoon ( shame we couldn't get insurance cover last year or we would had joined you down to the Red Sea ) and VYV , I am sure people who are cruising them parts appreciate the info .

Gypsyjoss

Visit site
Just payed about 5 euros per night at Tinos. Elec free. Water free if you get it from the fountain, otherwise 5 euros from tap. Taxi driver said the fountain water is not for drinking, but taverna owner says it's the same stuff. However he doesn't drink it because the pipes are old!
Pete

Caladh

Visit site
For our 10.3m sloop

Trizonia - nothing 2 nights
Itea - nothing 2 nights PP visited
Lavrion - around 25 euros inc water and power - private port so they charge accordingly
Khalkis - 8 euros 2 nights inc water and power PP visited
Orei- - 3 nights 12 euro water and power card no PP
Nea Klima - free inc water and power PP visited

We are under the impression that this year the PP are collecting as much info as they can on our travels, proabably pending the implementation of the cruising tax!!

Tony Cross

Visit site
Has anyone ever been asked to prove their VAT paid status in Greece? We never have but Caladh's observations of increased PP activity (and the current economic situation) makes me wonder whether they will start to crack down on VAT? They only have to catch one non-VAT paid boat to get as much revenue as they would from a month's worth of mooring fees! Big kudos for them too I would have thought......

macd

Visit site
We are under the impression that this year the PP are collecting as much info as they can on our travels, proabably pending the implementation of the cruising tax!!

Oddly, our impression is the opposite (which I suppose is typical of Greece). Currently in Mytilini, where port police seem on the lookout for any boats that may be arriving from Turkey, but otherwise low-key. Lesbos has reportedly received something like 12,000 refugees so far this year, so there are far bigger fish to fry than we cruisers.
Charges here at statutory rate; no additional cost for power/water. (Last year you had to buy a plastic 'key' for power from a kiosk on the E quay; now it seems to work without.)
Plomarion, Lesbos: port police visit recently arrived lesure boats with form for completion. Statutory charges levied, but water/power at no extra cost. (We were politely thanked for towing in an abandoned refugee rib, even though it put them to a spot of trouble to dispose of it.)
Pythagorian, Samos: no charges levied by anyone, although someone from the port police occasionally wanders by. Some power points working (free); water, free. Rubbish bins are miles away, but if you get up early you can plonk yours by the restaurant's rubbish, which is collected about 0700 (just don't tell them I said so ;))
Kalymnos: as reported elsewhere above.

Last edited:

ferroboat

Visit site
Not sure where you are going with this, Vic. One thing is for certain, all of your fees are a lot cheaper than UK, France and Spain and a helluva lot cheaper than Italy. Our costs this year have been zero, (other than our annual fee at Leros) although we have not yet berthed in many harbours.

Not sure where you are going with this vyv_cox. The OP asked about our mooring, electricity and water fees and you tell him its free to anchor.

https://moonshineofmersea.wordpress.com/

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Not sure where you are going with this vyv_cox. The OP asked about our mooring, electricity and water fees and you tell him its free to anchor.

https://moonshineofmersea.wordpress.com/

It has been well covered already. Greek harbour charges are increasing for well known reasons but they remain remarkably cheap. Listing what we have paid doesn't seem to contribute a lot. We have now berthed in many harbours in the Dodecanese and have still only paid €11 for two nights.

telford_mike

Visit site
Ok Vic here goes for our last few days:

Little Vathi €0 on town quay, €39.50 inc vat in the marina (11 metre boat)
Sivota €0 on Stavros pontoon
Nidri €0 on quay, €11 on Athos pontoon
Kioni €0 on quay
Big Vathi (current position) €0 on quay.

Happy days :)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Ok Vic here goes for our last few days:

Little Vathi €0 on town quay, €39.50 inc vat in the marina (11 metre boat)
Sivota €0 on Stavros pontoon
Nidri €0 on quay, €11 on Athos pontoon
Kioni €0 on quay
Big Vathi (current position) €0 on quay.

Happy days :)
Thank you Mike , now I know where not to go haha , although I rackon by the time we are pasting that way , they would had all packed their stalls up and gone home .
Enjoy going back .

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Koufonisia remains the most expensive port we have stayed in in the Aegean, €17 per night including water and electricity for boats 9 - 11 metres. Well worth it for the shelter it offers in the current poor forecast and for the delightful island.

truscott

Visit site
Just to add to this thread. Chalkis (Halki)is Eur 8.54 for our 12.2 meters and included water.

Last edited:

steveghoward

Visit site
Here's ours .

Argostoli first night side on 15 Euros
Subsequent nights stern to, 6.27 Euros, water from 1 tap no electric.

Eufimia, 1 EURO per metre plus vat per night, plus one off charge of 5 Euros for water and 4 Euros for electric. Electric charge is supposed to be for per day but we have only made one payment. for three days so far.

Incidentally, bought a depka in argo, but absolutely no interest in it from port police in fiskado or euf. Still better to have it and not need it than the other way round I guess.

Above prices based on 11 metre monohull.

Regards to all.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Here's ours .

Argostoli first night side on 15 Euros
Subsequent nights stern to, 6.27 Euros, water from 1 tap no electric.

Eufimia, 1 EURO per metre plus vat per night, plus one off charge of 5 Euros for water and 4 Euros for electric. Electric charge is supposed to be for per day but we have only made one payment. for three days so far.

Incidentally, bought a depka in argo, but absolutely no interest in it from port police in fiskado or euf. Still better to have it and not need it than the other way round I guess.

Above prices based on 11 metre monohull.

Regards to all.

Hi Steve
The Depka only need to be stamp once a year now that prob why the PP are not interested in it , the only thing I would suggest is if you plain to leave greece at any time , get it stamped out just in case the cruising tax comes in , Althought I doubt very much if that happens any time soon . But hey better safe then sorry .

steveghoward

Visit site
Thanks for that info. Confusion arose as customs official who issued depka to me 5 days ago said it needed stamping in and out of each port and subsequently stamped me out of argostoli two days later with fiskado as the destination.

Mind you, looks good with no less than 5 different stamps and. signatures for the short stay at argo. They do love stamping things!

BTW, here in Ionian till sept. Anyone sees Serenite, Oceanis 36 centre cockpit, bang on the hull, the beers cold!