Good value boatyard nr. Richmond?

DesperateDan

Visit site
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Was that Abraham Lincoln? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here.

So, like it says on the box - who can recommend a good reasonably priced boatyard that's close to Richmond-upon-Thames?

I need to anti-foul, and get some work done on the boat's sanitation and electrics.

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Forbsie

Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

What size of boat do you have? Possible yards are Eel Pie Boatyard - 020 8892 3626 or Phoenix Wharf next door. Both in Twickenham.

DesperateDan

Visit site
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Just realised you folks might think I was talking about you! I was in fact quoting Boatone's signature (which is in the sticky posting at the top of this forum). Hope no-one took offence. Good quote. But be careful where you use it... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thamesbank

www.thamesbank.org.uk
Eel pie\'s the one

Not as tasty as Desperate Dan's cow pie, but Twickenham is a fine location. Great waterside pub there too.
I used to use the London Apprentice wall, or the slipway opposit Eeal pie for quick repairs, but you may need more time for antifoul than 12 hours. For sanitation and electrics you don't need a slipway though.

ChasB

Visit site
There's one boatyard around there that charged me £50/hr. They kept the boat for 5 months over the summer and then installed dangerous wiring! Some of the other work was still left unfinished when I retrieved it. PM me if you want to know who.

Yup Tb, I agree that Twickenham is really very nice. There's some gorgeous women around there...