Good rechargable dinghy inflator??

davidpbo

Boatless in Cheshire. Formerly 23ft Jeanneau Tonic
myweb.tiscali.co.uk
Are there any good rechargeable dinghy inflators available please?

I know there are good 12V powered ones however I have limited battery capacity and struggle to keep it charged if we are on the boat for a week or two (off coil on outboard & 10W solar panel).

I had a Halfords rechargable but dropped it. Before that and after some mods including gluing the case together so it did not leak air quite everywhere it was not too bad. The Coleman/Go Outdoors and other other variants of different reachargable inflator does not seem to have much oomph, has anyone used one?

I use it to blow up our 2,3m tender on board if we away from our normal location it does about 80% of the job.

JohnTH

Visit site
My petrol powered grass blower uses the same 2T as the outboard. Pull start, same as the O/B, once it is running just hold the nozzle over the dinghy valve, pumps the Avon in micro seconds – well, quickly, and has lots of other uses too. Blowing the sail, well, maybe not. It will blow water from wet socks etc.

73s de

Johnth

NickNap

Visit site
I have an Lvm high speed inflator and use rechargeable nicad packs of correct (or just lower) voltage from model aircraft to power it. You can get rechargers easily (many model flyers recharge from their car batteries when at their flying fields) to recharge from the boat or take home & recharge.