Globe blue and ASAP

John7

Visit site
I posted earlier this year on problems I had with Globe Blue impellers used in my 1GM10. At last I have heard form ASAP who said the impeller had failed due to either running dry or an old warn pump. I fear b*****s was my reply, its an engine new in 2001 with 160hr clocked when this impeller went after it had been fitted at 110 hrs after the first Globe failed. It failed as we started and the only running dry was after it failed and then for only a few minutes as we turned the engine off, then restarted it to see if water intake blockage had cleared, it hadn’t so off straight away again.
I was not sure about using Glob again but now would most certainly not do so.
Has any one else had a simpler problem with ASAP coming up with excuses for failed products?

<hr width=100% size=1>

ashanta

Visit site
There were many reported problems of impeller failures for the 1GM10. I fitted a new engine in 98 and experienced a number of failures in the first season. These problems were highlighted by the PBO at the time. The agents worked with the recommended manufacturers at the time, Jabsco I think but not sure. I contacted a guy called Johnson who sent me some FOC and never had a problem after that.

Regards.

Peter.

<hr width=100% size=1>

John7

Visit site
Yes I had heard about that problem. I tried the Globe ones as they were meant to run dry and were cheaper than the Yanmar impellers. Well you learn form such errors and Ill be sticking with the individually more expensive Yanmar ones rather than using the individually cheaper Globe that need replacing at frequent intervals.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bountyboat

Visit site
Two observations on this subject - surly Globe Blue are all about running dry - longer than your average impeller, that is and ASAP are fine when its going fine - but expect smoke and mirrors if there is a problem

<hr width=100% size=1>

NigeCh

Visit site
Yes ... (LBS 2004)

A lot of water has passed over the bridge deck since we last met at LBS (Earls Court) 2000.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
I think if you had listened a bit longer, held your temper and kept the phone to your ear instead of putting it down you may have heard what they had to say.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.soltron.co.uk>the website</A>

John7

Visit site
And if they had read the covering letter giving the details of use of impeller and engine and that it hadn't been run dry they wouuldn't have come up with such a lode or rubish!

<hr width=100% size=1>