Gimbaled Cookers.

Flica

Visit site
I've had a Plastimo Neptune 5000 for the last 17 years (replacing an earlier 2000). I cook extensively and the cooker has been used for at least 6 months every year over the last 17 years.
I believe the 4500 has replaced the 5000.

With only two rings, planning meals has to be pretty efficient and the grill was a not-fit-for-purpose item when I got it, but works moderately well since I modified it (replaced the reflector and remounted the whole installation). It is possible to grill bacon and make scrambled egg at the same time using just the grill. The oven - with an effective thermostat is a delight, if small, though I have roast a 4.5kg chicken in it, the top had to be shielded to make sure the bottom cooked properly.
Usually cooking for one or two, meals for 4 are no problem but 6 requires an exercise in ingenuity though I have done about 10 meals at this level.
The original rusted out after 10 years - the chassis was of mild steel, but on this one the oven hinges are the only thing needing attention, and far more is of 304 stainless.
Originally made by Leisure Industries in Bolton, I've collected spares off them but they will only sell through Plastimo/Bainbridge now.
A totally effective stove, considerably more usable than the "camping" stoves sold by Camping Gaz and the like and a step change improvement on the original..