Getting Anti Fouling out of Hair and clothes

Neeves

Visit site
I don't see any objection to continuing old threads. Saves having to repeat information.

But few people read all the posts anyway - they might read the preceding post and then jump in with both feet.

I wonder what happened to Hannah - her hair must have grown again by now but I don't recall her returning and we don't know what the solution was.

I do like it when we receive the 'answer' from the OP.

Jonathan

Caraway

Visit site
Replying to an old thread with a new question. A pair of old jeans covered in anti-foul (got at least some of it on the boat…)

dont need to get the AF off them, but don’t want to ruin the washing machine when I wash the jeans.

am I OK putting them in? Or is this a bad idea?

Just start a new thread. People will now be answering the 10 year-old thread for days.

Rum Run

Visit site
Replying to an old thread with a new question. A pair of old jeans covered in anti-foul (got at least some of it on the boat…)

dont need to get the AF off them, but don’t want to ruin the washing machine when I wash the jeans.

am I OK putting them in? Or is this a bad idea?
I have had antifouling paint migrate from on item of clothing to others in the same load and stain them permanently but I can't believe it would stay in the washing machine between loads. But unless the old jeans are precious to you, it's not worth the risk surely.
Next year you will have a special pair of jeans all ready to wear for antifouling and not need to worry, which means it will be the neatest job ever with no spillages!

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Cripes understood that one should NOT get into touch contact with Anti Fouling paint at at cost; so best bin the clothing , cut short the hair , and find a Partner that understands the risks, so does not expect you to assist him in his folly.