German Youtuber M Jambo sinking

Geoff A

Visit site
This has only recently come to my attention on, I have only watched a few of his videos. It may be of interest to some of you. My apologies If this story has already been posted there or in another part of the forum.

GHA

Visit site
Scary stuff!! Watched him a few times but didn't realise this had happened, thnx for the link.

Lots of crap out there to hit, unprotected spade rudders are too scary for me.

Geoff A

Visit site
Scary stuff!! Watched him a few times but didn't realise this had happened, thnx for the link.

Lots of crap out there to hit, unprotected spade rudders are too scary for me.
He posted a video about the lead up to the sinking.

KeelsonGraham

Visit site
So sorry to hear about this. I’ve watched many of his videos but didn’t realise this had happened. Still nothing about it on his YouTube channel.

He did amazing things with his little Bavaria Holiday and was always so entertaining and charming to watch.

However, I always thought this was going to end in disaster of some sort.

KeelsonGraham

Visit site
He was dismasted a year ago, but nothing about losing the boat on his main YouTube channel. EP35, posted one day ago, doesn’t get as far as the sinking.

KeelsonGraham

Visit site
👍 You can’t keep a good man down. Just seen a clip online, showing him being rescued. Clearly rather shocked but still smiling. Good old Martin.

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Interesting that he talked about how important communication was when in his liferaft. When I was preparing for my trip to the Med I decided along with my Garmin in reach I would need a portable method of charging in case the worst happened and bought the predecessor to this: solar charger.
I'm aware of the possible charging risk as mine is an older chemistry lithium but I've had it 10 years and it's still going strong.