Garmin fishfinder 100

G

I have heard that it is possible to fit a transom mount transducer as an 'in hull'
has any one ever been successfull in this.Thank you , David.

Richard_H

Visit site
Hi

Yes - I have a garmin 235 with transom ransducer which I mounted in the hull of my Moody 27.. Simply cleaned up fibre hull and placed transducer squarely on a great big dollop of domestic bathroom sealant! Unsure if this is the proper way of doing it but it really works well for me and gives very accurate readings at all depths from around 100ft to drying out! Ensure all air buubbles are out of sealant first seems tobe the solution!

Regards

Richard H

G

Richard, thanks for the reply,I will certainly try your idea. Did you think of this your self or did you get it from someone else? I will let you know how I get on.
Thanks again ,David.

G

I successfully mounted a transducer inboard by mounting it in a suitable length of ABS plastic pipe bonded to the inside hull and part filled with olive oil!

Good Luck- Roger.

duncan

Visit site
I have been doing this for a few years now using silicone sealant - make sure it's only a single layer of glass, that water is on the outside(!) and that it is pointing down.
Use plenty of sealant!