Gardinneage (?!!)

miket

Visit site
I can't even spell it !!
Company that looks out for boats on behalf of owner, and arranges to have jobs done etc?

Those who keep boats in the Med'.
What exactly is this?
What do they do?
How much does it cost? Fixed cost or related to work done?

Any information appreciated.

DepSol

Visit site
Ask Rich, he used to run a garin..garenag....gard...one of those things.

Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Sort of an owners agent Mike. Charges are what you can negotiate plus they usually are taking a cut on any work they get done and supplies they get for you. Can't tell you what but with ships they had a drawdown of about one thirteenth.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Thinks..... now theres another possible string to me bow

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Humm me thinks I'll look into that for winter season eh

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

rich

www.portofjersey.je
I'm no longer involved, but gardiennage can be as much or as little as you want it to be - from having someone check your boat once a week and maybe giving it a quick wash once in a while, to the full 'turn-key' contract , where everything is taken care of for you - maintenence, cleaning, fuelling up,stocking up with supplies, laundry services etc, so all you need to do when you get on board is turn the key.
There are many and varied options and companies, so it's worth sorting out exactly what you would like doing, and then agreeing on a price.

<hr width=100% size=1>rich :))

G

Gardienage means literally someone looking after your boat on your behalf. This can range from basic monthly wash down to carrying out major refits. Not all companies are the same. Its always best to enquire in your marina which company has a good name or not. Here in the med the charges are from 9€ an hour to 35€ an hour dependant on whether it is a recognised firm or just an ibndividual who has lets say just 5 boats to look after. If you want any info regarding companies in Mallorca let me know.

<hr width=100% size=1>"Kepp smiling it can only get worse"

miket

Visit site
Re: Gardienage

Thanks all, especially Rich and of course Byron. (How did I know he would have an answer!!)

Now I know how to spell it, the horticulturists will have to be disappointed !!

<hr width=100% size=1>