Fuel level sensor replacement

fjarvis

Visit site
Hi folks,

My fuel level sensor is constantly reading zero (with fuel in the tank) so i think it’s tine to replace it. Issue is I’ve not seen one like this before - does anyone recognise it and have a recommendation for replacement?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    697.6 KB · Views: 18

Baltika_no_9

Visit site
Last edited:

fjarvis

Visit site
Great, thanks - that’s a great find! But ooft they are not cheap! I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit a more standard type with the 5 hole pattern.

Refueler

Visit site
Have you any time removed the sender unit ? Once you do that - then you can look at alternatives ...

I had a strange sender on my tank - which never worked - think it was hang-over from its 'truck days' ... boat had no display. I took it out .. measured ... found that a standard float arm sender fitted - bought a set of arm and display .. fitted and all good. (Someone - later though managed to break the display glass - which knackered it ... simple swap out for new).

Most senders seem to conform to a standard mount size. Take note if you do swap it out - there are basically European and USA versions - they do not work with each other !!