Friendship 28

dancrane

Visit site
I daresay you've glanced at the specification here: https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/friendship-28

Looks fairly conventional. Or do I mean boring? :unsure: No, I quite like it. Though, I do have quite boring tastes.

The newest of 400 built, must be 37 years old.

51671798307_fab10fbaf4_o.jpg

Wansworth

Visit site
I daresay you've glanced at the specification here: https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/friendship-28

Looks fairly conventional. Or do I mean boring? :unsure: No, I quite like it. Though, I do have quite boring tastes.

The newest of 400 built, must be 37 years old.

51671798307_fab10fbaf4_o.jpg
Yes that’s the bracket I Am in,old boats that are affordable Unfortunatly past their prime and very little info about their construction.The upside is it comes with everything including radar?

Erwin Swart

Visit site
Can provide you some additional info since my parents onwed one for more then 30 years.

Friendship is designed by Dick Koopmans and build from early 1970's till mid 1990's.
The first boats were build by fam. Meijer in Balk in the northern part of The Netherlands. The boats build in the 1970's are solid boats though might differ from each other since the wharf used material from different vendors depending on the pricing. So the type of toerail might differ from boat to boat.

They will be available with depth of 1,2 meters (bulb keel) and in 1.6 meters. The stability of the deep keel is significantly better then the short version.
The weight of the boat is ~3500kg and only available in tiller versions.

Sailing performance is very good and even better then the new AWB's with the same lenghts.

Topics to take care of is the mast detoriation, since the mast support has been made of steel this might have been rotten and need replacement.
Most of these boats have limited issues of osmosis though to my knowledge they used the right resins in the past.
No other significant problems you should encounter, like all boats you have to have a look at the engine, nav instruments. Most of the boats of this era needs revarnish of interiour.

Hope this helps.
you can send a PM if you need additional info

Good luck

Wansworth

Visit site
Can provide you some additional info since my parents onwed one for more then 30 years.

Friendship is designed by Dick Koopmans and build from early 1970's till mid 1990's.
The first boats were build by fam. Meijer in Balk in the northern part of The Netherlands. The boats build in the 1970's are solid boats though might differ from each other since the wharf used material from different vendors depending on the pricing. So the type of toerail might differ from boat to boat.

They will be available with depth of 1,2 meters (bulb keel) and in 1.6 meters. The stability of the deep keel is significantly better then the short version.
The weight of the boat is ~3500kg and only available in tiller versions.

Sailing performance is very good and even better then the new AWB's with the same lenghts.

Topics to take care of is the mast detoriation, since the mast support has been made of steel this might have been rotten and need replacement.
Most of these boats have limited issues of osmosis though to my knowledge they used the right resins in the past.
No other significant problems you should encounter, like all boats you have to have a look at the engine, nav instruments. Most of the boats of this era needs revarnish of interiour.

Hope this helps.
you can send a PM if you need additional info

Good luck
Thanks for your post but the boat has been eliminated as possible choice,for reasons given in my post

Other threads that may be of interest