French Permis bateau

Fireman

Visit site
I wonder if anyone has passed the 'Permit bateau Cotier' in France. I have passed the theoretical course and want to take the practical. My problem is the school I joined to take all three parts isn't giving me information regarding the final , practical exam. (I have attended the course, taken the exam and passed and now want the practical)) It was three weeks ago I passed the theoretical and just wonder if the school has to wait for official notice that I have passed before they can arrange the practical. I did inform the school I had passed the theoretical and all they said was 'thanks for informing us' (in French of course!) Does anyone have knowledge or experience in passing this exam?

Portofino

Visit site
I did it 2005 ,
The principles the same .
We did it on the Friday of a 1 week course .AM was the theory a MCQ .It was a 2 hr drive in Marseille from the “ school “ in Lavandou. By the time we rtn to the school the results were known .
Those who failed the theory were sent home and didn’t do the practical after lunch

So I suspect they will awaiting the theory results .I am not too sure these days how the theory is configured?
It’s altered over the yrs .In my day iirc 23 MCQs and you had to get a min of 20 correct .

Fortunately for me they allowed a translator into the exam room , but I had seen the menu of 200 Q they draw the 23 from and learnt them .
As for the practical exam it was guy who’s mum was a French teacher in Harrogate and he had grown up in Yorkshire.
So spoke perfect Eg . They moved back to Fr when he was high school age .

The tutor at the school re
was a French Canadian so was also bilingual.
1/2 the dozen of students were Eg 1/2 were Fr locals .

Good luck with it .

Fireman

Visit site
Thanks for the reply: The permit bateau (cotier) I have taken is now somewhat different. I sat in a class for three hours receiving instruction with six others. It was then up to me to arrange the theory test at an office of the Post Office. The test was 40 questions covering everything to do with boating and I was allowed to have five wrong. I got two wrong!. Also received the results within about ten minutes. That was three weeks ago. Since then I have heard nothing from the school regarding the practical test. I have emailed twice but still nothing. I just don't know if the school has to wait until the ministry informs them of the result before they then contact me or I have to arrange with a school for the practical. Unlike you this was all conducted in French!!!! I had a lot of studying to do!!!!