French fuel problems

Daydream believer

Visit site
I am about to head west to Camaret from Bradwell in a few days time sticking to the French coast. I will have to call in at Channel Islands to re fuel due to possible fuel supply problems in France

Does anyone know if the chandlery sells white diesel in st Peter Port as well as red or if I can get white in st Helier. Alternatively are there any other sources of white in the channel islands within easy reach of st PP & st H

I do not want red as I am returning via Ostend for the Palusfestein in August & will be there for a month so do not want hassle with Belgian customs & have cleaned my tanks ready

Angele

Visit site
I am about to head west to Camaret from Bradwell in a few days time sticking to the French coast. I will have to call in at Channel Islands to re fuel due to possible fuel supply problems in France

Does anyone know if the chandlery sells white diesel in st Peter Port as well as red or if I can get white in st Helier. Alternatively are there any other sources of white in the channel islands within easy reach of st PP & st H

Pretty sure it is only red diesel from Boatworks in SPP. You could try ringing them on 01481 726071. http://boatworksguernsey.com/Guernsey_Marine_Fuel.html

Same for Jersey I think, but you could ring around to check. Contacts here: http://www.ports.je/JerseyMarinas/BoatOwners/Pages/Community.aspx

Can't think of a petrol station in Jersey where you could buy road diesel that is conveniently located close to a harbour or mooring.

I don't know about Guernsey.

{151760}

Visit site
I've just heard from a friend in Brittany. The petrol stations there are restricting sales to 20 euros worth. He says there are no restrictions yet in Marinas, but I'm guessing that situation will change when they have to refill their tanks.

{151760}

Visit site
I reckon you would get fuel in Roscoff, but why not give them a buzz or email.

The French workers are blockading the oil refineries; the police are planning to break the blockades. The situation is unclear, so I feel it's doubtful that the Roscoff Marina will know whether their future supplies are secure or not. But it's definitely worth a call.

Salty seadog

Visit site
Have just heard from Cherbourg Marina that they are limiting diesel to 40l per boat per day. No cans or other recepticals will be allowed.

My big worry is that they may blockade the harbour just like they did a few years back when the fishermen had an issue.

Anyone got an update on the current situation with regards to access to the marina?