French boat rams British vessel in Jersey waters

bedouin

Visit site
You need to know how the boats got into such close proximity and the video doesn't tell us that. One of them is likely to be an overtaking boat so is at fault but we can't tell which

JerseyDiver

Visit site
To the bottom of the picture is a large rock wall that the Axopar appeared to be shepherding the fishing boat towards. Side lights only on the Axopar no steaming or stern light ?? There is also video of the Axopar attempting to block the pier heads with his starboard side facing the Fishing fleet. The behaviour of the French today was as predicted, a peaceful protest to be heard directly rather than through the EU/UK. Don’t believe everything in the UK news today.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Well I think we need to take direct action against the French. I propose running down and sinking any Beneteau or Jeanneau vessel found in British waters. Its high time we showed these cheese eating surrender monkeys who rules the waves

JerseyDiver

Visit site
Looks like you are correct.
There is also a second attempt by the Axopar to create a situation, the french vessel can be seen to slow/ stop by running astern before they collide again.

IMO the Axopar is the main cause. If Axopar is overtaking they are to keep clear, if they are being overtaken to stand on which they clearly do not. If they are crossing they are the give way vessel. Given the geography and other footage in relation to the wall, someone was being funny and got found out for their poor display of seamanship.

Rappey

Visit site
After watching a few more videos the french boat was also sparring with the Axopar before the collision.
The Axopar was also blocking other boats.

mcanderson

Visit site
Well I think we need to take direct action against the French. I propose running down and sinking any Beneteau or Jeanneau vessel found in British waters. Its high time we showed these cheese eating surrender monkeys who rules the waves
Thank goodness you have an Italian boat and we have a German boat on the Côte d’Azur. We can infiltrate the locals and spy on them through eating in their restaurants and drinking their wine.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Go for the swift trawlers first. Their owners post sunny pictures to those sat in the piddling rain. Aim for the transom….weakest spot apparently

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thank goodness you have an Italian boat and we have a German boat on the Côte d’Azur. We can infiltrate the locals and spy on them through eating in their restaurants and drinking their wine.

Good idea. I have a beret and a string of onions on board. If I dont shower for a month they wont know I'm not one of them

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Go for the swift trawlers first. Their owners post sunny pictures to those sat in the piddling rain. Aim for the transom….weakest spot apparently

He's numero un on the list. French boat, French flag, lives in France, dog speaks French. Obviously a fifth columnist