Free mooring in n cyprus

dod

Visit site
Anyone NOT had an acceptance to their application? All cruisers I know have been given a free place except me?????? How many places are there on offer??
DOH!!!

ccscott49

Visit site
You can have my place if you want! I'm not going, would cost me more in fuel, than staying in Gouvia!

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
So based on your reply you applied knowing that it would cost you too much in fuel and would therefore not be going. In doing so you may have stopped someone who really wanted to go to Northern Cyprus and did'nt have any issues (including amount of fuel needed).

I sincerley hope you have informed the marina that you will not be accepting their offer and request they give the berth to some one else who does want to go there.

dod

Visit site
You can have my place if you want! I'm not going, would cost me more in fuel, than staying in Gouvia!

Thanks for that, they kindly gave me your spot when I contacted them. At first they were not sure who you were but when I mentioned the word 'plonker' they knew right away. Samaritans like you are scarce in this world THANK GOODNESS!!!!

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
Karpaz Gate Marina, Cyprus. They made an offer late last year of free berths for a year for 'a lucky few' Seems like several hundred of us have had the welcome pack and invitation to make a €100 deposit towards electricity and water.

Has anyone actually taken a drive over to the site to have a look? Perhaps someone on Cyprus could give us some feedback?

It's beginiing to smell rather fishy!

http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com...-to-become-the-best-in-eastern-mediterranean/

rivonia

Visit site
We have JUST been informed that we have now won/got a free mooring for one year. I have a question for all other free berth holders...Have you sent the €100.00 deposit for electric/water yet? I am just a little wary of such things, is this real or is it a con?? Any comments will be gladly accepted.

Peter

dod

Visit site
We have JUST been informed that we have now won/got a free mooring for one year. I have a question for all other free berth holders...Have you sent the €100.00 deposit for electric/water yet? I am just a little wary of such things, is this real or is it a con?? Any comments will be gladly accepted.

Peter

Marina under construction no pontoons yet. It is very isolated and no buildings completed. Very doubtful if any electr. and water will be available this year and there are only a few phone lines in the area so, wifi (I don't think). Apart from that some people have actually paid the €100 (That's a lot of leccy) but can't say more than if you want out of the way with no facilities then go for it. Should be a bit like being on a desert island for the winter.

ccscott49

Visit site
So based on your reply you applied knowing that it would cost you too much in fuel and would therefore not be going. In doing so you may have stopped someone who really wanted to go to Northern Cyprus and did'nt have any issues (including amount of fuel needed).

I sincerley hope you have informed the marina that you will not be accepting their offer and request they give the berth to some one else who does want to go there.

Now listen well, smartarse! I didnt apply for any free berth in Cyprus, I have no intention of going there, all I did was ask for berth prices, from an advert on this (YBW) forum, to add to a berth prices list I was putting together, they later E mail offered me one! So pull your horns in!

ccscott49

Visit site
Thanks for that, they kindly gave me your spot when I contacted them. At first they were not sure who you were but when I mentioned the word 'plonker' they knew right away. Samaritans like you are scarce in this world THANK GOODNESS!!!!

I refer you also to the answer I gave below! or above as the case maybe, jeeze I know now why I dont come here often!

pmyatt

Visit site
Anyone NOT had an acceptance to their application? All cruisers I know have been given a free place except me?????? How many places are there on offer??
DOH!!!

Not had an offer even though we had a personal assurance from Ben Grigg of the "Sea Alliance Group" Gibraltar, who are doing the marketing, that we were registered back in September. Obviously, we are not the right sort of people(?).

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
In July 2010 the outer breakwaters had been completed, and a certain amount of ground levelling had occurred. There were no buildings, and no internal quays or pontoons in place. The site is a some way out along the panhandle, say 50nm ENE of Kyrenia/Girne.

It's in a better state than the Cyprium Bay marina, advertised some 5 years ago, which remains an untouched open bay.

Caveat emptor

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
This morning I sent an email to Karpaz voicing some concern that they appear to be offering these moorings to everyone.

This is their response..........

We thank you for sharing with us your opinion and concern. It gives us the opportunity to clarify to you the importance and seriousness of our project.

We will be very glad if you may visit our marina and , if you may decide to become one of our guest, we can assure you our sincereness to satisfy all requests from any potential client of ours.

In the meantime, please find attached some aerial photos which I am sure will emphasize the magnitude of the project.

We are sure you understand that no one invests so much money in creating this exciting new yachting destination , just in order to collect a few hundreds of euros and then lose credibility . Our aim is to stand out as one of the best marinas in the eastern Med and would not risk the success of this project with a scam.

We have received many enquiries and we have only 100 free berths available. We decided to give this opportunity to those that had applied first, like you, to reward their trust in us .

The registration process includes a deposit ( which by the way can be done via “paypal” in order to increase a security ) , just in order to enable clients to secure their free berth option.

Any fees that will be paid as part of this process and for any reason we would not be able to fullfill our side of the agreement- it will be fully refundable. Fortunately till this moment we didn't have such a case.

I hope you better understand now the seriousness of our company, of this project and of the reputable owning companies behind it. A friendly suggestion to you before trying to damage deliberately anyone’s name or reputation and being held liable to such accusations is to simply and seriously check the facts and if indeed our promotion plan is sencere and geniune. I can assure you 100% it is!

I stay at disposal for any further information.

.......... BTW there were no attachments to the email :(

rivonia

Visit site
We sent an e-mail to Cristina? with a list of questions. She kindly replied and we are still a little unsure so have sent further questions. I.E. Laundry,No Smoking,Transport F.O.C.,Other live-aboards.After 90 days Visa.
The No Smoking in all public areas such as cafes etc will be enforced. There will be several other live-aboards. We await the replies to the other questions.

Shall try to keep you informed.

Fair winds

Peter

whiteshythe

Visit site
Free Mooring in N. Cyprus

It may be of interest that under Turkish Law, marinas under construction are not allowed to charge until fully complete and in receipt of their Marina License.

Last year while cruising in Turkey, my wife and I fortuously arrived at two marinas, 'Sigacik' and 'Cesme' both of which were close to completion. We were made very welcome and stayed for a number of days completely free of charge except for a small sum for electricity.
'Cesme', in particular is one of the most attractive marinas that we have ever stayed in and despite now having to pay, we intend to return.

I suspect that the same rules apply to the new marina on the N Cyprus coast .