Free bottle of rum for the best photo!

henryf

www.911virgin.com
I'm not actually quite there yet. Bought this for Mrs Henry F's Dad. Picked it up local to the boat so took it down to clean up and check over before delivering to sunny Wells.

I won't lie, great fun for nipping around the marina / local area....

Use it on my Tinder profile and it works an absolute charm.... :)

(I think I got the right one, I know Tinder and Grinder are similar and yet very different !)

Attachments

• P50 me.JPG
    P50 me.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 52

TK Blue MAX

Visit site
About 1/2 mile from where I'm sat now:)
This is probably one of my favourite photos but not sure if it'll qualify for a bottle of rum. It must have been taken in the mid to late 60s as he died in 1971 when I was 4.
My Grandpa on one of his little runabouts, you can just see the bow of another one at the bottom of the pic. The location was Hoo Mill lock on the Trent and Mersey canal where they lived and had a hire boat business.
The train track embankment in the background looks fairly new and is now over grown with trees and vegetation which may give an indication of the date.
View attachment 149303

colhel

Visit site
I doubt if the resolution would be high enough to enter this pic as it's a digitised slide.
My first motor boat, that's me in the red coat and my younger brother (he had to wear a life jacket cos he wasn't 10 ?, I would have been 12-13).
The boat was all steel with a typical under water profile as on a narrow boat. Powered by a hand cranked Stuart Turner petrol engine housed in a box mid ships, keel cooled top speed about 4 knots and was named Flip. Originally built by my Uncles and Grandparents boat building and hire company "Kingfisher Line".img509.jpg Picture from 1978-79.

MBY editor

Visit site
Thanks all. Some cracking photos on here.

But don't forget that you need to email a high res version of the image to: mby@futurenet.com

Stick photo of the month in the subject line and add a few words in the email about your boat, the location, approx date and any other detail that may be of interest.

Hugo