Foxs chandlery pre-move sale Saturday 13 December

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Hi
Thought the forumites might find this of use -
Just been told that Foxs chandlery is starting a sale tomorrow morning in anticipation of moving to their brand new building at the start of the new year.
There should be plently of things on offer as they would rather sell them than move them across.
I also hear that the rigging department is clearing out a lot of end of reel rope (not very long lengths) at bargain prices and these will be for sale in the chandlery too.
Don't get squashed in the rush.

alec

Visit site
Hope that they really do have decent knocked down prices but have never seen it yet though.

Have to say that I have always felt the place is set up for the site i.e. Yard, Oyster, Foxs yacht sales, rigging dept etc rather than for outside customers.

The spin off though is a good selection of most things at rather poor prices that can then be got elsewhere.. The 'loyalty' card is rather disappointing, looking at the small print, no discounts on charts, books, electronics unless you can do a deal.

Would love to be proved wrong so that we can all benefit !

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
They certainly do have some brilliant deals......

I just got home with:

2 x 28m 16mm braid
2 x 25m 14mm braid
1 x 20m 12mm braid
1 new Tilley hat

for the grand sum of £85......

That must be knocking on for £250 at normal retail prices...

Bargain!!!!!

Thats my replacement mainsheet, furling line, and 2 new genny sheets sorted for a lot less than I was expecting.....

Its a bit of a rugby scrum, but there is a table full of blocks, ropes, and all sort of other goodies at very appealing prices, plus a lot of other stuff with between 10 and 30% off..... some good deals on replacement hatches, cheap (decent, but not Dubarry style) sailing wellies... lots of nick nacks at give away prices, a decent windlass very cheap and Tilley hats at 30% off if you've ever hankered after one.....

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Re: Fox\'s chandlery pre-move sale Saturday 13 December

obviously not very preferntial, as you'd left lots of goodies behind...... mind you, it does fit, as no self respecting Oyster owner would have bought the job lot of Seagull spares... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnalison

Visit site
A bit disappointing really, just a few bits of rope and various unusable things. However, my better half did find herself a nice mauve top in her XL size down from £80 to £30 so all was not lost.

Sixpence

Visit site
Mine decided we needed to do some Xmas shopping, so a whole weekend wasted /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif still, my Tilley hat was a lot cheaper than Neil's, but then I'm not sure if it would stand up to a really bad soaking yet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Just as well as we have friends staying this weekend as my plastic card is approaching meltdown! Eldest at Uni plus the present lark for 4 kids following on from youngest's birthday takes a huge toll. Keep telling SWMBO she needs a better paid job!

Recently had my tax return back from the Accountant too so found out what those lovely people at the revenue want in a few weeks time /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I wish sailing was an allowable expense - maybe I should try and sail to visit some customers!

sailorman

Visit site
From Wot i saw today they prefer to carry loadsa gear to the new shop.
very little marked down only, old /outdated clothes /slow moving stock /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WOTS all THIS "Would Rather Sell it Than Moove It" Bollux /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ecosse120

Visit site
Got myself a Silva dual speed/Log and echo sounder, £33.33 inc. transducers rather than £180. May not be the latest technology but is fine for a 22 ft. Also got a Nasa target 2 wind display for £5, £95 for the transducer though. Worth a look if you are passing but otherwise may not be worth the journey. They did appear to be reducing more prices yesterday and bringing out some more kit from the back.

alec

Visit site
Some fantastic prices on rope from the Rigging Dept in the chandlery but only very large sizes left now.

Chandlery sale very disappointing . Was interested in the the Iris 50 h/h compass but £55 at Foxs compared to £29.70 at Burnham Yacht harbour.