Four rescued near Athens.

Tony Cross

Visit site
We've been following this on the local news here on Crete. I'm interested to hear who the four are, the severe weather we've had over the last few days was forecast well in advance and IMO anyone putting to sea with that forecast is an idiot of the highest order. That they shredded the sails and then had engine failure (diesel bug I bet) also suggests they had the seamanship of a teapot.

Davy_S

Visit site
Never mind Tony, that was last year!

Last night, Lavrion and Rafina Port Authorities were informed of a security incident due to a mechanical breakdown and the loss of sailing aboard the "EVELINA" I / F boat, with four occupants, in the narrow Makronisos marine area.
Under the auspices of the Unified Coordination Center for Search and Rescue in the area above, S / S “SALVOR I” N.L. 967 and APOLLON Radio Station 11999,
despite their repeated efforts, however, it was not possible to tow "EVELINA" due to adverse weather conditions (northeast winds of 9BF) and the I / F commander demanded his abandonment.
The Navy helicopter immediately took off and the floating ships were updated.
Three of the occupants were taken aboard the PN helicopter. and were transported to the Marathon Cotrion Naval Base, while the fourth was taken over by the Cyprus flag “ENERGY” and transferred to the port of Elefsina.
The above I / P, which was sailing from the Corinthian Isthmus to Lavrio, remains unconquered in the area.
Available audiovisual material is posted at www.hcg.gr
S%20-.jpg

Link provided by, wwalsh, thanks.

Bellacruiser

Visit site

I wonder if it's recently been bought/sold/reflagged and was relocating to Greece. If it was Croatian flagged, not just based, then yachts over 12m in Croatia are usually searchable on the registry and there's nothing by that name. I believe it was (once) part of the Navigare fleet and I get a historic result for it on their used boats for sale site