Four Fathoms channel /Overland route /Pots

bluerm166

Visit site
In the last few weeks there have been around 12 pots in a group ,with orange markers visible enough during daylight,but closely straddling the channel at approx.
51º 26.2' 0º58.4' , so also close to the line of a northward track from Ham Gat ,that I wouldn't want to risk in the dark .

Last edited:

Cantata

Visit site
Routed from the Redsand Towers to the Columbine Spit yesterday, saw about a dozen new pot markers scattered around. All very visible in daylight, bright orange buoys, no flags though.

oldgit

Visit site
Club member has just come along the inshore route on the way back from Holland, .did comment on the numbers of pots off Sheppey.

xyachtdave

Visit site
I came out of the Swale towards the Medway on Friday morning, numerous pots between Columbine and Spile, all daylight visible but I suspect a bit of a lottery in the dark.

The do seem to be on the LWS 2m line, which happens to be the direct route from Mid Cant, Spile, Columbine and Reculver.

Behome

Visit site
We came round the outside of Sheppey yesterday and stopped counting pots at 50 throughout the shallower parts of the route. Only one with a flag and many small black floats.
I think we were lucky last week when we crossed to the Swin from the Swale at night.