Ford Dorset 2711E Temperature and Oil Pressure Gauge

naughty-cat-33

Visit site
Hello all,
I recently aquired a boat with a Ford Dorset 4 cylinder engine (2711E). The engine starts first time and runs well but none of the gauges are connected. I'm prioritising getting a temperature and oil pressure gauge working before I try to move the boat. I have connected the gauges but they're not working and I believe they're from an earlier engine before this one was installed. Does anyone know what gauges would work for this engine or where to buy them? Have searched everywhere but no luck.
I have attached pictures of the senders and the gauges. When the engine starts the engine pressure gauge goes from zero to absolute max (off the scale actually) in an instant. The temperature gauge doesn't move even when engine is warmed up. I have connected +ve battery terminal to + on the gauge, -ve to -ve and G to sender. Temp sender is working I think as resistance drops from about 1300 ohm to about 700 ohm as it's warming up.

any help greatly appreciated!
IMG_4554.jpgIMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4574.jpgIMG_4561.jpgIMG_4588(1).jpg

Hunterlees

Visit site
You need to check if you have uk or usa spec senders and gauges1 matched. They work the opposite way round from each other i.e. low to high resistance vs high to low. Looking at your pics i am not seeing an oil pressure sender, looks more like a warning switch.

naughty-cat-33

Visit site
Thanks both! That's very helpful information. I'm guessing these will be UK spec'd gauges so I'll maybe investigate that, and the Smiths gauge too. Will update when I get a chance to try this. Thanks again.