For no particular reason except

Bajansailor

Visit site
I was living in Poole 30 years ago, and I remember seeing a lovely Nicholson 43 with a beautiful varnished timber dodger over the companionway moored alongside the Town Quay occasionally.
I regret never taking a photo of her, and I now cannot remember her name - can anybody remind me please?

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site

Shuggy

Visit site
As Kukri knows, I also have a Nic 43. There is another cracker up for sale on Yachtworld - Oberon. She’s only £45k. I had the pleasure of being on board back in 2009. A beautiful boat owned by a very friendly man, Malcolm, who said, ‘when the conditions get awful there is no boat I’d rather be than my Nic 43.’ He also owned a Swan. Off the back of that endorsement we bought ours 2 months later.

Concerto

Visit site
When I was in Whitehills Marina in Eastern Scotland last year, I was berthed astern of a Nicholson 45. These photos are screen grabs and cropped from a drone video I took. Sorry they are not as clear to be able to read the name on the sailcover.

Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

A very elegant proper yacht.

Blueboatman

Visit site
design a cockpit -
Length of bench = snooze
Width = perfect support at heeling angles , back rake and support and lip =‘ just so’,
Feet perched on opposing bench edge or flat against opposing coaming, legs straight
Job done
Oh and don’t let it all get too high over the longitudinal axis or it’s all motion sickness jerk n pitch innit

Wansworth

Visit site
design a cockpit -
Length of bench = snooze
Width = perfect support at heeling angles , back rake and support and lip =‘ just so’,
Feet perched on opposing bench edge or flat against opposing coaming, legs straight
Job done
Oh and don’t let it all get too high over the longitudinal axis or it’s all motion sickness jerk n pitch innit
Now in my idealized Baltic ex fishing boat the is a comfy settee in the wheelhouse…