Flexiteek or similar

brians

Visit site
The teak on my cockpit seats and sole is nearing the end of life. It is the usual 2mm teak on plywood common on most AWB's over the last 20 years.

I am considering replacing it with Flexiteek or similar. Can anyone advise a company in or near the Solent that can do a decent job at a sensible price?

Is Flexiteek good?

harvey38

Visit site
We've been in touch with Tek dek (sp) as we need the upper helm on our Aquastar doing something similar, they were very quick to respond to our enquiry and send out samples plus a very helpful phone conversation. I'm not sure I have the bottle to make the template so thinking they'll be asked to do the job start to finish assuming their approximate phone quote comes close to their actual ?

StevieH

Visit site
I replaced the teak on my cockpit seats and sole with Tek Dek 18 months ago (Bavaria 36) and am very pleased with it.
I removed the existing teak which was the usual thin teak on ply using a multi tool as this saved quite a bit of cost due to the labour involved -took me a couple of days as some came up easy and some not so easy
Tek Dek then did the templates, made the panels and fitted. Even allowing for having removed the existing teak myself I found they were cheaper than the competitors.
Friendly, helpful customer service and a good quality installation so I have no hesitation in recommending them.

ashtead

Visit site
We have Flexiteak fitted from birth -I have seen retro fit though . A Moody 41ac White satin is currently for sale and has retrofit Flexiteak in case of interest and you want a few pictures of how it’s held up, ours is fine BTW.

MAGTRAD

Visit site
TEKDEK based in Emsworth. Pop in and speak with Andrew and he'll be more than happy to help. I will be using them next year for my Nauticat and already been given a rough quote. I was working on a stand near him at the Southampton Boat Show and they were always people queuing at his stand. Mention my name "Mick from the Sailing School" might even get me a discount!!!

ashtead

Visit site
I met an aging Oyster whose real teak decks had seen better days and he planned to remove and replace with a Flexiteak product ( I have is suspicion that retrofit product might have a different name?) . Anyway I think he said if he was to remove old stuff the replacement was around £10k as he had obtained a quote . It’s a personal choice as to colour but ours is bleached as attached belowF2B473FC-87E6-435B-BC42-7DF643CA82DF.jpeg

Aeolus

Visit site
The permateek on my side decks was fitted by a guy called Mike Jordan mike@permateek.com back in 2014. No idea if he's still in that business but he did a first class job. 7 years later, and it still looks excellent.