Flexible water tanks

morgandlm

Visit site
Have just removed the flexible potable water tank from my Sadler 26. The tank (bladder) is at least 20 years old although still seems OK but I think it makes sense to replace it since the engine is currently out so access is much easier than otherwise.
Any recommendations please for a 50 or 55 litre tank to replace the one from "Air Cushion Equipment" of Southampton. Options seem to be Plastimo or Nuova Rade.

David Morgan

Praxinoscope

Visit site
My Sadler 25 has a Plastimo flexible tank, in fact have just replaced the bladder. The only reason I replaced the bladder (£38) is that the old one was still watertight, but seemed to have collected a deposit of silt inside which must have accumulated with thd previous owner, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t seem to clean it out.

bedouin

Visit site
I think those were the people who made mine - also about 20 years ago - and it is still going strong. Custom fitted to the space I have available so much better than trying to use an off the shelf design (think round pegs and square holes).

If there is nothing wrong with it why replace it? If it is PVC it is probably good for at least 100 years so it is barely worn in now.

SteveIOW

Visit site
The Flexible Water Tank on my boat was also made by Air Cushion Equipment Ltd of Southamton and is 40 years old. No leaks and I still drink the water from it (via a carbon filter) and it tastes fine. I have the idea they were made to a better standard and today's offerings. If it was me, I would leave well alone and stick with the tank you have. Air Cushion Equipment Ltd made skirts for hovercraft. Heavy duty kit which, I believe, influenced the spec of their water tanks.