Flasks

Iliade

Shoreham - up the river without a paddle.
www.airworks.co.uk
Just install one of these in the cockpit... :cool:

I use stainless steel flasks quite often at work - Pre heat with boiling water, then return the water to the kettle and reboil before refilling the flask. Definitely makes better coffee than 'flask' coffee and would help with tea too. Also a lot safer than a boiling kettle aboard.

That said, I can second the vote for a gimballed or hung jetboil slung low in the cockpit or within reach of the companionway.

We also often bring plastic bottles of water from home for beverage making in the boat. We're both sensitive to the taste of alien water, sometimes to the point of not wanting to drink beverages made with it.

ylop

Visit site
I have relayed all your advice to Mrs Y. She'll no doubt be back with more questions on a cockpit table with gimballed jetboil and mini fridge in due course!

Supertramp

Visit site
Screenshot_20230809_152139.jpg
This sits in my galley filled with 3 litres of water. I make the tea in a cup from it. It does cool off after 18 hours but is a great addition to long and short trips, especially when rough. I wouldn't want it outside as Murphy Law ensures it will get tangled up with me or a rope. When tired, I am prepared to trade tea quality for ease of making.

Refueler

Visit site
The Pump Flask is one of those inventions that really does fit the bill.

I am fussy about my Tea ... but when weather is crap ... you're banging into seas .... no time to play silly B's with a kettle ... its good enough.

Mister E

Visit site
If you want to clean a dirty flask you can use Steradent or similar denture cleaning tablets.
They work very well and are food safe.