Flag Antifoul

muckypup

Visit site
I have seen several posts in the past asking how good Flag antifoul is. I gave Harlequin 2 good coats of the stuff 18 months ago. This is the first time she has been out since then...

bottom2.jpg

Basically just a thin easy to remove coat of slime.

bottom1.jpg

You can see at the back the shafts, skegs and props and some of the rudders have caught some tubeworm... but the antifoul has done it's job! I will be buying that stuff again.

Now, anyone have a cure for tubeworm?

S.

ChrisChevey

Visit site
Steve
did you see Venetian Princess out of the water that’s the first lift out for many years there are even some anodes left, under all that worm 1 inch thick the hull is in good condition, I could only find a few small blisters what a surprise

Chris
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

muckypup

Visit site
I did have a look. There are some serious abrasions left by the fenders on the port side, but not too bad. As for the annodes, I wonder if the covering of tubeworm actually stopped them from doing their job?

I was suprised when I lifted Harlequin out that the annodes had also lasted quite well. It's probably being at the "quiet" end of the marina away from the big boys toys /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I going to have new ones put on anyway.

Steve

Other threads that may be of interest