Fitting VHF aerial to mounting....

melandnick

Near Andover, Hampshire and Portland, Dorset
melandnick.com
Hi all

I am having a little re arrange on my masthead and adding a sea-me.
Problem is that I have a glomex bracket, the type with a hole and a slot for the cable.
This works fine for my aerial which has a threaded bolt type end....male connection but the sea-me has the female threaded hole type fixing.
Is there a bolt or something available to allow me to fit the sea-me to the bracket I have.

Hope I explained that well enough!

Nick

st599

Visit site
Will putting the Sea Me on the same bracket not place it in the near field of the antenna changing its radiation pattern?

melandnick

melandnick.com
Will putting the Sea Me on the same bracket not place it in the near field of the antenna changing its radiation pattern?

Hi st599

I am sure that's a really good question but I don't have the slightest idea what it means.
They are designed to go at the masthead and its always going to be near the aerial so not sure there can be a problem.
Anyhow, I think I explained it poorly as it will be on its own bracket but it happens to be the wrong type.

Nick

st599

Visit site
Anything metallic within a wavelength or so (~2m at marine vhf) will cause the radiation pattern to change, it will no longer be uniform in all directions and will affect the transmitter power transfer.

It may also overload the front end of the sea me, depending on its filters.

Paul1962

Visit site
Morning Nick,
Is there a cable running out of the bottom of the Sea-Me?

I see that Sea Me recommend a Glomex V9173 that gives the Sea Me a 250mm stand off from the mast.

If there is not a cable running out of the bottom through the female thread, can you fit a bolt?

Regards

melandnick

melandnick.com
Morning Nick,
Is there a cable running out of the bottom of the Sea-Me?

I see that Sea Me recommend a Glomex V9173 that gives the Sea Me a 250mm stand off from the mast.

If there is not a cable running out of the bottom through the female thread, can you fit a bolt?

Regards

Hi Paul

Yes there is a cable and the male type fixings are hollow and normally have a slot in them to take the cable so that is the kind of bolt I would need but not sure if they exist?

Nick