fishing

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
whats to stop me selling any fish i catch to local fishmongers & claiming commercial use of red diesel,after all anyone can run a legitimate business and make a loss,even those that don't want to! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Mmm,will have to get thinking cap on then,but this is going to be fun for the berks in london to enforce.Potential for legal test cases all over the place.If i had a second home in norfolk i could use low duty fuel for heating,so why not use boat as second home?Could do some fishing as well,so long as some white diesel kept in one of my very large tanks for going places! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete7

Visit site
Will cost you about £2k to get the boat coded, then you need to buy a licence to catch the fish and finally what are the other local fishermen going to say about you suddenly setting up a loss making business just for fuel. They are a strange lot best not upset them.

duncan

Visit site
and that assumes that you are able to reclaim the duty anyway............taxi's and lorries aren't able to use red so don't assume that just because a boat is used commercially for something it will be able to 'reclaim' the duty easily.............