First boat: which should we buy?

MADFISH

Visit site
Kingfisher 22

A friend of mine is selling his. He has already bought his new boat so is offering it cheap. It is unusual in that it is junk rigged but it goes ok. It has a yanmar 1GM inboard and I recon he would sell it for 2.5k ish. Interested?? (Boat in Southampton).

<hr width=100% size=1>

kilkerr1

homepage.ntlworld.com
Re: Kingfisher 22

Thanks for letting me know. What a coincidence - the Kingfisher 22 is currently my favourite and the price of this one is good. Only problem is we don't know anything about junk rigs and were really going for a standard Bermudan sloop rig stylee. Any ideas/advice on pros and cons of junk vs. other rigs, or maybe where we could get some info?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ohdrat

Visit site
Re: Kingfisher 22

Junk rigs are easier to hand and sail OK.... people of done circumnavs with them, so don't be put off.. you may well love the junk rig

<hr width=100% size=1>

LeonF

Visit site
All the boats mentioned are worth considering,someone at my club has just bought an Eclipse- he was a dinghy sailor and had a smaller budget than yours. I started with a Fantasie 19. Great little triple keeler but the bunks were just too narrow for a good nights sleep. Much more important than standing headroom. Very important. I too preferred bilge keelers but now own a 6ft draught fin keeler. Better performance and much easier to get off when one goes aground.

<hr width=100% size=1>L.A.R.Ferguson