Fenders - Polyform HTM-2

alt

Visit site
A very specific request....
I'm looking to replace all my fenders (going from white to navy) and quite like the look of my current Polyform HTM-2. I can find them in the US and shipping is reasonable but being outside EU, will be hit hard with VAT / Duty.

Don't suppose anyone knows of an EU supplier for Polyform HTM-2, in navy colour? I know this is a UK form but there are lots of EU boaters on here too!

Dino

Visit site
Union Chandlery in Cork sell Polyform fenders. Give Garrett a shout in Union. He’s a gent and he ordered me a new steering wheel last winter.
PM me if you want his email address

alt

Visit site
Would appreciate that, thanks! I did check Union Chandlery website but didn't see HTM-2 in Navy, however, as they sell Polyform, might be able to find what i'm looking for. Hope all is well... we're well winterised on the Corrib by now :(

Bouba

Visit site
I once imported a pair of fenders from the US....the air freight was high....they sent them inflated 🤷‍♂️😳

alt

Visit site
I once imported a pair of fenders from the US....the air freight was high....they sent them inflated 🤷‍♂️😳
I actually read that somewhere! Polyform US website is actually offering free shipping when I added 8 fenders to the cart. Came to a total of 512 euro for which is completely fine, but what worries me is what Irish Duty (then 23% VAT) will come to.

I bought them from the UK back in 2018 for £36 STG each!

Bouba

Visit site
I actually read that somewhere! Polyform US website is actually offering free shipping when I added 8 fenders to the cart. Came to a total of 512 euro for which is completely fine, but what worries me is what Irish Duty (then 23% VAT) will come to.

I bought them from the UK back in 2018 for £36 STG each!
I just ordered a bunch of supplements for health purposes......as usual the asking price is high...but with all the promotions and codes etc the price you pay is half...but the shipping department put on the customs form the original price and not what I paid....so the duty was horrific. Unfortunately duty is just something you have to accept

Bouba

Visit site
...if they were shipped one or two at a time...it might get below the duty threshold

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Last edited:

Mantas2020

Visit site
there are two companies by name of Polyform manufacturing high quality fenders:
Polyform Norway F-series - Polyform AS – Strong and Flexible Heavy Duty Fenders
Polyform US Polyform US - F-1 (6

they have similar products, but also a bit different. I got the Polyform Norway F-series because I liked their darker navy blue, compared to the US design. the shapes look similar, but there are few cm differents in sizes.
However the Norwegean's seem not to be offering HTM version. I was at the beggining very much liking this HTM design, but ended up getting the F-5 size from Polyform No.

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site

they have similar products, but also a bit different. I got the Polyform Norway F-series because I liked their darker navy blue, compared to the US design. the shapes look similar, but there are few cm differents in sizes.
However the Norwegean's seem not to be offering HTM version. I was at the beggining very much liking this HTM design, but ended up getting the F-5 size from Polyform No.
There certainly is a difference between HTM (Hole through middle) and the rest. Others call it Centre hole et al.

As per #8

alt

Visit site
For further try a Google search for Polyform HTM-2 "€"

It finds a few but it seems that the HTM is N/A in navy, so fender covers might be the solution (plenty around).

EDIT:
Similar designs can be found. For inspiration:

The known-good SVB shop: Fender with Rigging Passage from 31,95 € buy now | SVB

Center Hole Fenders - DAN-FENDER
Hole Through Middle Fender - Blue
centerholefenders
Seachoice Center Hole Fender, Roto-Molded Marine Grade Vinyl, White, 10 Ft. X 25 Ft.
Wow, lots of food for thought there, thank you!

alt

Visit site

Yeah, looks like no HTM from the NO supplier, pitty!

Mantas2020

Visit site
There certainly is a difference between HTM (Hole through middle) and the rest. Others call it Centre hole et al.

As per #8
yes, it is a different design indeed.

Well, not really a pity considering EU as Norway is not a member anyway.
that is not really much of an issue, as manufacturing could be in EU also warehouses in EU countries. have not analysed their value chain in detail :)

I ordered mine from Italy (Nautical Items Nautical Accessories Sale On-board Equipment MTONauticaStore.it)
on the website they have good value packages if you buy multiple; I wanted black color, so contacted them and they were able to quickly ship me. ordered few times - both were smooth.