Fein Multi or Bosch?

srp

Visit site
Trying desperately to get my boat in the water so this years antifouling is just going to be the usual rather slapdash affair. But when I haul it out at the end of the season I'm going to do it properly and scrape off back to the grp. Has anyone tried the Fein Multi for doing this? Is it better than a Bosch electric chisel with a scraper attachment?

Robin2

Visit site
I bought a fein multimaster after seeing it in PBO. Its even better than I expected. However, I suspect that the job you are planning might require a bit more muscle. The multimaster comes with a very abrasive tungsten carbide triangular sanding tool. If that is the sort of thing you want it should be OK. Seems to work well with little effort. It also came with a tool with a wide sharp edge - like a lightweight chisel. I think this would be good for removing adhesive or a laminate. I can't say whether it would be tough enough to remove years of antifouling - I suspect not, but if I already had the tool I would certainly try it.

Simes

Visit site
Use the Bosch with the wide "Hardend" tip. 1 Tip does a 29 foot 1/2 tonner back to the gel coat with no damage at all. The Bosch lecky chisle is a great peice of kit. the multimaster has its place and is fantastic at precision cutting but use the lecky chisel for removing antifoul. You will need goggles and a face mask aswell as a ground sheet for the fall off.

have fun,
Simes