Fawley - possible marina.

matt1

Visit site
It would have to be significantly enlarged to form a marina, There’s not a lot behind the blade runner in the picture. There’s a nice walk from Ashlet Creek to calshot for those who want a last look at the power station. Shame the control room is going, that would make a cool pub / bar / restaurant with nice views

Attachments

• 60224EAA-FCCA-4690-9847-155C79AA201B.jpeg
    60224EAA-FCCA-4690-9847-155C79AA201B.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 19

ashtead

Visit site
I sadly suspect the marina aspects will be neglected -on the iow the Ryde Harbour and Ventnor harbour are both examples of what happens when the council is involved - compare this with the positive approach shown in France -when they build a marina they create St Cast for example but I doubt any ability to do likewise at Fawley to provide actual facilities of use to boat owners. East cowes marina with the adjoins housing might be a suitable model .

DFL1010

Visit site
Given we have been supposed to have a new marina 'soon' here in Falmouth for the past 20ish years, I'm afraid this'll end up in the "I'll believe it when I see it" pile.

I suspect if the developers have to cut anything to keep any complainers happy, the marina will be first on the blocks.