Fairing a hull - what make of notched squeedgy?

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
I am going to fair my hull using West Microlight fairing compound using raised filler ridges applied over the hull (with a notched squeedgy) lengthwise and then fairing using a longboard along the curve contour of the hull. Then filling in between the ridges and so on...

So far I have not found a notched squeedgy that is has small enough V-type gooves to be economical on the epoxy - would anybody have any recommendations? I would like to buy several cheap ones as I hate cleaning epoxy.

Poignard

Visit site
I needed one recently to spread epoxy on a sheet of plywood before laminating another on to it. I just cut notches in the edge of a plain plastic squeegee with a Stanley knife. It took less than 10 minutes to make and I only cut myself once.

I did once buy a couple of WEST notched squeegees but they seemed a bit too brittle and cracked when flexing them to remove hardened epoxy.

Hardened epoxy can be removed from tools by first softening it with boling water, then most of it peels off.

Peterduck

Visit site
I have been using just such a thing for spreading glue evenly. We have here a range of disposable plastic cutlery for barbecues, and I have found that the serrated steak knives are just the ticket, A few cents for a packet of 10 or 20 or so, and you'd swear that they were shaped for the purpose of speading epoxy, not for cutting steaks [which they are less than successful at, unless the steak is wonderfully tender].
Peter.