EyUp. SSR Again.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
They've sent me a letter telling me that my registration is going to expire. Why. The numbers on the back still look good. And my little plastic card wot they only gave me last year still looks shiny. Also a spare one with different set of numbers!! Dont look like there about to expire.

Anyway. When I regestered or changed the owners name a few years ago. There were no fool question and hardly any discription of boat required.

Well. It says on the back of this form that you have to SLEEP in England for 185 days to comply.

Whats Byron going to do. He never goes to sleep??

Colin Scot cant have one cos he's never here.

But heres the catch. You cant have one if you've been retired for more than six months!!

What the hell is that to do with registering a boat, just to keep the Frenchfrys happy!!

But you can have one if your from Hong Kong or any of the Comonwealth.

So if your retired you cant leave the country. If your not retired you still cannot leave the country cos have to go to work.

Who's this silly scrap of paper aimed at.........../forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue> Haydn

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>I'm OK Haydn, my boat is registered Part 1 not Part 3. Wouldn't touch a boat unless it was Part 1. I understand the ramifications of owning a boat that isn't registered and it ain't just a case of keeping the Froggies happy.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

jimg

Visit site
"But heres the catch. You cant have one if you've been retired for more than six months!!"
That cannot be right, surely? Is there a website for the SSR?
My boat is on the SSR, and I sure do not work anymore!

<hr width=100% size=1>

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Perhaps you could elucidate. I owned an unregistered boat for two years with no problems whatsoever.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owner's Club</A>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
In accordance with Article 48 and 52 of the EU treaty to be "established" a person must make an economic contribution to the UK by being the proprietor of a business, being employed, or very recently retired from such employment. IE. Within the last six months.

Dont remember them ever asking if I lived in the UK or whether I worked or not. Why should anyone care!!

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>I certainly ain't gonna get into the details, suffice it to say a Part 1 registered vessel enjoys all the rights of a merchant ship and all that implies, including the freedom of the seas as laid down in international law.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

jimg

Visit site
I think you need to read it again Haydn, you only need to qualify on one point. i.e be a British Citizen:-
EXTRACT FROM WEB-SITE FORM
3. Who may register a small ship?
A small ship may be registered if it is owned by one or more of the following persons who are ordinarily resident in the UK:-
(a) British Citizens
(b) Persons who are nationals of a European Union or Economic Area country other than the United Kingdom
and are established* in the UK
(c) British Dependant Territories citizens; British Overseas citizens; persons who under the British Nationality
Act 1991 and are British subjects; persons who under the Hong Kong (British Nationality) Order are British
Nationals Overseas, and
(d) Commonwealth citizens not falling within those paragraphs.
* Established – It is not sufficient to live in the UK to be ‘established’ in accordance with Articles 48 and 52 of the EU Treaty.
To be ‘established’ a person must make an economic contribution to the UK by being the proprietor of a business, being
employed, or having very recently retired from such employment, ie within the last 6 months. If you have any doubts about
your ‘establishment’ you should consult the Registry.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimg

Visit site
One of us is reading this incorrectly!
The way I read it is that you only need to qualify under one of the points, so if you match (a) then the rest does not matter.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Hmm. Yes suppose your right. Still seems a load of crap to me.

Why cant you just register a boat if you've got one?
Now if it was a car. Would they tell you that you could not register it??

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Simple solution

Once Hharry has his passport just register it in his name, I'm pretty sure he doesn't intend to spend more than 6 months abroad!

<hr width=100% size=1>