Exhaust Elbows Follow up

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
After reading about the Halyard replacment exhaust elbows for my TAMD61A's - ordered the same and a few weeks later received them. However, there is no way they could fit the engines- even if the engines were lifted out the boat.

After a number of calls to Halyard today, they are taking them back and refunding - they told me they will bot do replacement elbows and so that the end of that one.

Thought I should mention it because others may be tempted to take the advice from the forum and waste their time as well.

Paul

G

My exhaust elbow was leaking on Pt eng. Felton marine Brighton cleaned and welded leak and generally cleaned elbow for £35

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Yes, I think my only solution now is to take them and add welding to increase the strength. Neither are leaking but one did go before I had the boat and has been welded. That leaves one to go.

Paul

G

Sorry Paul about the reccomendation, we too were vary dissapointed with what we got, I was working on Roger Whittalls Broom Ocean 42, same job to do, chap kindly comes down to Lymington with new elbows, I take one look and say no way, a cheap nasty thing with no water jacket on the hottest bit just a flame proof heat shield instead, and poor quality stainless knocked up by some yts on day release I think, very dissapointing I must say.

paul js.

david_bagshaw

Visit site
You must have been unlucky.

we had Halyard make some replacement risers & nozzles for one of our sabre 150s, each with double bends, welding was excellent, and althought the pipe is no longer totally enclosed in water, I imagine it will last longer as so far it has each time been the lobster back jacket that has failed. it matched the one we carried as a spare supplied direct by sabrer some years ago.

David
www.euroboating.net