Excaliber 35

gtmoore

Visit site
I'm fairly sure there is one moored next to me. Built I would say mid 70's, traditional design and looks a very fast and capable boat but from the deck profile, maybe not too much room down below.

I have 2 not very good pictures of it. You can just see it on the left here

Of course I may be wrong and you could be talking about a completely different boat

<hr width=100% size=1>Gavin

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Excellent Van de Stadt design - I believe they were Scandinavian built - or Danish. Example of 'last forever' design in glass unlike some of todays offerings.

If you are looking to buy one - you could talk to a broker - Alan Borden who knows these very well. tel 01202 741911.

V de S boats tend to go in a straight line - so great cruising boats, no griping to windward as each gust hits you!

<hr width=100% size=1>

warrior40

Visit site
It is an Excalibur 36, designed by van de stadt and built in Poole by southern ocean shipyard., smaller sister of the Ocean 70 and 75, very well constructed in her day, but now quite long in the tooth and a bit dated, but still a pretty and very useful boat which would put up with some tough weather and rough handling.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
There is one for sail in this month's YM
there is also an article by Phaon reid about his ( electric fire i think so maybe not the best)

phaon's site is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/6076/avahome.htm>here</A>

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>if guinness is good for you. i must be very very good</font color=red>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
There is one for sale in this month's YM
there is also an article by Phaon reid about his ( electric fire i think so maybe not the best)

phaon's site is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/6076/avahome.htm>here</A>

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>if guinness is good for you. i must be very very good</font color=red>

stevebirch2002

www.albinvega.co.uk
Hi

Yes that is an Excalibur 36 that has just been sold. Was owned by a good friend but now he is boatless. QUite a wet boat but strong and good pedigree. The one in the photo won the Fastnet in 1965. Strong and reliable. This one has a Yanmar 2GM and is actually called Excalibur (She is Number 1).

<hr width=100% size=1>Albin Vega "Southern Comfort" V1703

uforea

Visit site
Thanks to everyone for your replies and photos etc. Hope the marina manager isnt a forumite. But then surely they are fair game just like the taxman????

<hr width=100% size=1>