Evoiko Sea Centre Boatyard

twizzr

N/A
Visit site
Hello gentlemen ,

Please, sorry for my bad english.
I am a french sailor, on my boat 10 months in a year.
Since 2009, i am an Evoiko sea center's customer.

And i am very surprise to read that they don't help customers.
My own expérience show exactly the contrary.

I changed my engine here, in 2009. The price of engine Changement was wonderful and the service perfect, even 2 years after when my gear box cable broke ! That was not Evoiko's fault, but they came immédiatly from Chalkoutsy to Marmari (more than 2 hours by car) to help us.

I know that i am french, so a little discusting ! :):rolleyes:
But i am so surprise to read that toilets are discusting !
It is true that it is not the "great luxury, with marble and conditionned air", but it is tiled and very clean. Perhaps it could happen to go to the toilets just before the cleaning, but for me, there is no problem, except it's clod in the winter!
I think we can't want more than fair price and at the same time claiming installations "high end".
Anyway, Evoiko is an excellent place to rest and dry boat, security and boat care are very good.
To my opinion, its is not a place to spend the winter inside his boat. The boatyard is not equipped accoring for this.

Personally, I am very satisfied with the facilities, services, kidness and rates.
And, with chakoutsi harbour and a place here to wait the good wind to go outside, there is no problem.

Of course, everyone is free to form his own opinion and to relate his experience.
This is what I wanted to do in this thread

Very best regards to all.

Very good first post thanks for the information .

Chrisfagg

Visit site
I would like to add my thoughts on the Evoiko Sea Centre which I have used about 4or5 times over the last few years last in winter 2014-15. Yes I too have had short delays in going in or out. However, usually at about 7am it is calm, the trolley is excellent and you feel you are in good hands.
Once ashore this is one of the most helpful and friendly yards I have visited in Greece. I fitted a new engine myself in spring 2015 and felt secure with the help of Dennis and father Zachiarios. The yard is small, adaptable and very hospitable with lovely evenings at which everybody on the yard is invited to supper and Krina cooks and many chip in with desserts and wine.
I am sad to read some of the comments in this thread. On reflection I think it's horses for courses. If you have lots of money and need a lot of help with maintenence then there is always the Olimpic marina down the coast. But for me there's no contest.
I would strongly recommend this yard for anyone looking for a safe haven in the area.

Last edited:

Chrisfagg

Visit site
I have left my 10 meter yacht at the Evoiko Sea Centre about four or five times over the last few years the last occasion was the winter of 2014 -15.
It saddens me to read negative things about the yard which I personally think it's one of the nicest friendliest yards I've been to in Greece
Yes getting in and out is sometimes a little delayed but the proximity of the safe harbour which is free or for that matter the off-lying buoy make waiting easy. The weather is nearly always calm at around seven in the morning and I have come out and have been launched at that time with ease.
Yes the lavatory and shower block is not deluxe but for me is perfectly adequate.
Krina Zacharios and Dennis invite everybody at the yard to impromptu suppers that bring everybody together in such a lovely way.
Reading all the correspondence of this thread I think it's probably horses for courses. I do my own maintenance and in fact fitted a new engine in the spring of 2015. I particularly wanted to be in this yard because I know how knowledgeable and helpful Dennis and his father are. If you have pots of money and want other people to look after your machinery then of course there are other yards, notably the Olympic Marina further down the coast and very near the airport. But for me the Evoiko Sea Centre suits my needs perfectly and at a price I can afford. At present I am in Rhodes and probably heading east to Turkey but if I'm anywhere near Athens it will be here that I stay.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Well I call in yesterday for a price of a 14 m yacht
They quoted €1080 up and down.
€496 a month storage.
€100. Power wash.
And €200 for the use of steel props.
+ vat.
Little to expensive for me and this was not in the better of the two yards

Everything about or over double I pay on Aegina

macd

Visit site
Well I call in yesterday for a price of a 14 m yacht
They quoted €1080 up and down.
€496 a month storage.
€100. Power wash.
And €200 for the use of steel props.
+ vat.
Little to expensive for me and this was not in the better of the two yards

Everything about or over double I pay on Aegina

Can you be clearer about which yard you're writing, and on what basis you deem it "the better"? Those figures are hundreds of percent more than we pay for a 14.3m yacht in Petros Boat Club.

By way of an information post-script: Boat Club's loos and showers were never remotely disgusting, but there weren't enough of them. Matters are much improved since a new shower/toilet/washing room block was built last autumn.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
The first one off the road gave me the above price I thought I heard the name Dennis .IMO the second yard had better facilities.
Probably one of the best showers

Last edited:

macd

Visit site
The first one off the road gave me the above price I thought I heard the name Dennis .IMO the second yard had better facilities.
Probably one of the best showers

That's Evoiko Sea Centre, as per the title of this thread.
The one next door to the west (first off the road is meaningless: like most roads it goes both ways ;)) is Petros Boat Club.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Whatever, you know best . There's one road down to the sea ,on the left there are two boat yards the first one gave me the price.
But I think you knew that already

Last edited:

macd

Visit site
There's one road down to the sea ,on the left there are two boat yards the first one gave me the price.
But I think you knew that already

I didn't know that because you expressed it so badly, which is why I asked for clarification.

Neither boatyard has an entrance on "the road down to the sea". Both boatyards are on the right on the road adjacent to the beach. Except when you travel in the opposite direction, in which case they're on the left. Only a very stupid person, educated or not, would fail to understand this.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I didn't know that because you expressed it so badly, which is why I asked for clarification.
Neither boatyard has an entrance on "the road down to the sea". Both boatyards are on the right on the road adjacent to the beach. Except when you travel in the opposite direction, in which case they're on the left. Only a very stupid person, educated or not, would fail to understand this.

Where did I say they had an entrance on the road down to the sea.?

I only expressed an opinion that the yard was expensive ,not a geography lesson for the mentally bemused.

P

Last edited: