Evc fuel tank sender problems

chrislaw1968

Visit site
Hi all I have a 2008 cruiser yachts 330 express with twin volvo penta d4 260 engines , since I bought it I have had problems with fluctuating fuel levels so I decided to replace the senders .
The original ones I took out were the pendulum type with American ohms so I replaces them with CUS c type tube again in the American ohms 33 to 240.
I have tried the calibration both full tank and multi point level but I'm getting nowhere near a correct level on my guage compared to where the float is on the sender , the guage reads 85 percent when it's around 50 percent on the sender .
Is it possible they installed the wrong senders at the factory from new or am I missing something.

chrislaw1968

Visit site
How about buying a KUS gauge which goes with your unit. They are only about £25 from ASAP, and it will check whether you just have a non compatibility problem. It might even be decent enough to use permanently if it solves the problem.
That's an idea , but I take it that won't integrate within the evc .
I have ordered a cheap sender off amazon in 0 to 190 ohms to see if that works with my guages correctly.
I had read somewhere that evc will only work with 0 to 190 ohms but surly if that was the case they would not have fitted 33 to 240 ohms when built .

Andyroonot

Visit site
That's an idea , but I take it that won't integrate within the evc .
I have ordered a cheap sender off amazon in 0 to 190 ohms to see if that works with my guages correctly.
I had read somewhere that evc will only work with 0 to 190 ohms but surly if that was the case they would not have fitted 33 to 240 ohms when built .
The EVC system will work for both 0-180Ohms or the US 33-240Ohms; it will pick up the range when you auto configure and work out the empty to full range when you (at minimum) calibrate it to empty

Have you done an auto-configuration with the new sender connected? And are you happy that the Ohms range from the sender is accurate? If it is then the EVC system will (‘should’!) display correctly

Andyroonot

Visit site
The EVC system will work for both 0-180Ohms or the US 33-240Ohms; it will pick up the range when you auto configure and work out the empty to full range when you (at minimum) calibrate it to empty

Have you done an auto-configuration with the new sender connected? And are you happy that the Ohms range from the sender is accurate? If it is then the EVC system will (‘should’!) display correctly
Just reread your original post-have you done the empty tank calibration, or just the full & multipoint?

The empty tank calibration alone should be sufficient to give an accurate reading across the range

chrislaw1968

Visit site
Just reread your original post-have you done the empty tank calibration, or just the full & multipoint?

The empty tank calibration alone should be sufficient to give an accurate reading across the range
I tried all options and couldn't get anywhere near accurate, when the float should have been reading 1/4 tank it was reading around 2/3 to 3/4 , I will however try the empty method again before I try with the new senders I purchased.
And thanks for your help 👍

Andyroonot

Visit site
I tried all options and couldn't get anywhere near accurate, when the float should have been reading 1/4 tank it was reading around 2/3 to 3/4 , I will however try the empty method again before I try with the new senders I purchased.
And thanks for your help 👍
Make sure you do an auto-configuration first, before attempting any of the tank calibrations
Good luck!

chrislaw1968

Visit site
I tried the auto config 3 times and couldn't get the American spec senders to be accurate using the empty tank method, I gave up and installed the European spec senders and they are within 10 percent up to 3/4 of a tank so I can live with that empty , 3/4 and full seems to near enough bang on .