? EU Residency After The End Of The Transition Period (31/12/20)❓

andyc352

Visit site
To be honest it is a question rather than an understanding. If I remember rightly and if this bears any relation to this discussion that if a third country visa is issued in any EU country gives rights to travel other member states for a set period of time of that visa. Does anyone have any further info on this?
On the contrary.
When it comes to healthcare and social security I much prefer a well-oiled machine.

For someone whose body is at least 20 years older than my actual age (accoding to doctors) it is a great comfort to know that I have access to a well organised healtcare system. A systen that provides what I need when I need it and free of charge or at a very affordable price.
Waiting lists are virtually non-existant (the longest I have had to wait for surgery was 3 weeks) and whilst my medication is not 'free' it's cheaper than on the NHS.
For 3 months of medication, in France I pay €4.95 whilst in Britain I paid a 'perscription charge' of £8.95 (IIRC).
Not all nations in Britain charge: Prescription charges were abolished in Scotland in 2011.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
If the Azores is using the same rules as the mainland, ( they have their own vehicle authority here), the trick is to ensure the doctor puts all your groups on the medical certificate. The authority will only issue a licence for groups the doctor gives approval for.

The usual omission is the group for trailers which IIRC is a separate test here. The medical was brilliant - "do you wear glasses for driving?" NO. "OK, €50 please".:D

srm

Visit site
The usual omission is the group for trailers which IIRC is a separate test here. The medical was brilliant - "do you wear glasses for driving?" NO. "OK, €50 please".
Yes, group BE, its part way down the list on the licence so can get missed. Having been warned by the lady in the vehicle office to make sure all my groups were included I checked the certificate before leaving the doctor's. His secretary had missed it off when entering my details in the database. Once it was pointed out she corrected the computer entry and issued a new medical certificate.