Etap Owner's Association

Boomshanka

Visit site
Etap Owner\'s Association

This post is mainly for Etap owners...

It looks like the Etap Owner's Association is likely to go under unless renewed input/activity is generated by its members. I just wanted to highlight the issue to current/prospective owners to give their views HERE

With the brand relaunching, it would be a shame in my view...

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Re: Etap Owner\'s Association

SWMBO and I have held various different posts in the owners assc over the years up until about 3 years ago. For a while I edited and printed the newsletter.

Even in the Solent/south coast area, getting owners to become members was like beating your head against a brick wall. IIRC the most we ever got to a rally was about 6 or 7 boats, and that took some doing.

There are quite a few Etap owners around, but it seems that owners of Etaps, just dont want to be part of a owners assc.

volunteer

Visit site
Re: Etap Owner\'s Association

SWMBO and I have held various different posts in the owners assc over the years up until about 3 years ago. For a while I edited and printed the newsletter.

Even in the Solent/south coast area, getting owners to become members was like beating your head against a brick wall. IIRC the most we ever got to a rally was about 6 or 7 boats, and that took some doing.

There are quite a few Etap owners around, but it seems that owners of Etaps, just dont want to be part of a owners assc.
Hello, new Etap 30 (1986) owner here - hailing from California. Is there any English language Etap resource or owners forum in existence, or must I polish up on my Dutch?

This boat was imported by a visiting European it seems, and is suffering from several age related ailments - but the rig and much about it seem fine. Could use some help and advice on a few issues though.. Like: Where does that extra cushion for the pull out settee come from - just an extra loose piece or somehow fitted from back cushions? (all my cushions have gone missing). Do the stanchion bases ever leak (struggling to trace some deck leaks) and is it possible to source and replace the round rubber gaskets at stanchion base, do owners manufacture their own, other..?

Etap 30 Nereid, San Francisco.

JohnGC

Visit site
I have a 32s which will soon be up for sale and have almost completed the purchase of a 37s.

I've had three leaks in eight years owning the 32s.

The first was over zealous use of a hose while cleaning on the anchor locker. I managed to get water into the cable conduit which then ran back into the saloon.

Second was a big green sea over the deck which defeated the swan-neck at the mast base.

Both of these where one-off events and easily understood.

More difficult to track down was a damaged gasket around the base of the morse engine control. It's mounted on the transom. Rain and wash down water ran into the transom, then forward by the fuel tank into the engine compartment, though the moulded channel under the engine (used for the bilge pump hose) and finally collected in the bilge just in front of the engine. It was easy to fix but took me a long time to diagnose.

For spares you can try Tollesbury Marina on the UK east coast. Try asking David Morris, he runs the brokerage there.

Etap

I hope you enjoy your Etap as much as we have.

Last edited:

Loopy

Visit site
Etap Owner\'s Association

This post is mainly for Etap owners...

It looks like the Etap Owner's Association is likely to go under unless renewed input/activity is generated by its members. I just wanted to highlight the issue to current/prospective owners to give their views HERE

With the brand relaunching, it would be a shame in my view...

Anyone with suggestions on how to repair leaking window gaskets on an Etap 38i?