Epoxying nuts to underside of deck

William_H

Visit site
My answer has always been to tap the thread in to GRP for bolt. Screw it down then tighten a nut against the GRP from under neath. No good if the hole is already clearance but you could try filling the hole with epoxy then drill and tap.
One other trick might help is to file a flat on the end of the bolt. So that if you can get the nut on over the flats you can hold the tip of the bolt while tightening the nut with spanner. ol'will

Refueler

Visit site
My answer has always been to tap the thread in to GRP for bolt. Screw it down then tighten a nut against the GRP from under neath. No good if the hole is already clearance but you could try filling the hole with epoxy then drill and tap.
One other trick might help is to file a flat on the end of the bolt. So that if you can get the nut on over the flats you can hold the tip of the bolt while tightening the nut with spanner. ol'will

Yep .. post #13 .....

Glad I'm not only one !!

Neeves

Visit site
I think Geem's suggestion, post 4, is the most palatable (though the need to 'buy' seems to suggest some desperation). I have found a wife has a multitude of skills, many of which I lack, - multitasking comes to mind. After our marriage, when I was chosen for my then attributes, my wife has been trying with varying rates of success to modify me to what she actually desired.

Jonathan

fisherman

Visit site
I screw the bolt down, leave it with a ring spanner attached locking it in place with a length of cord then go below, put on the nut and ratchet it tight.
Wish I'd thought of that....
The difficulty is getting the nut started, sometimes a heavy weight to stop the bolt pushing up, or a screwdriver in the thread underneath, pushing sideways to stop the same.