Epic antifoul fail

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com
I tend to look at what the local fishing boats use and try to get hold of some of that. Last time I bought someone's leftover part tin quite cheap and very good it was too!
Well for the last few years a local lifelong fisherman gets me to buy the cheapest that Seamark Nunn has on offer when I go down to buy the same.

Andy61

Visit site
Sailing Steve, you said you are in The Twizzle. Next time you are passing Halls Yard have a look at the green rig evacuation vessel in there. I spoke to the owner the other day when he was painting his hull below the waterline with blue Cuprinol shed and fence paint. I asked him how come, and he said he just read the tin to see what was in it. I think he might be on to something, sheds and fences don't get the green growth on them if you paint them every few years. Incidentally, he used the same paint only a bluey green colour for the rest of his hull. He's had the boat 7 years and says he always uses it. The boat is called "Neverest" in case anyone knows it.

sailorman

Visit site
PBO test winner applied in the spring - no names mentioned, but it wasn't cheap.

Three beachings and scrub offs so far this season and each time the hull has been thick enough with slime to completely hide the antifoul colour and noticeably slow the boat down.

I don't remember remember fouling anywhere near as bad as this in the past. Anybody else had the same experience, and is this really as good as antifould gets nowadays?
very disappointed with the past 2 seasons using jotun seaqueen aka muscle food?

ltcom

Visit site
PBO test winner applied in the spring - no names mentioned, but it wasn't cheap.

Three beachings and scrub offs so far this season and each time the hull has been thick enough with slime to completely hide the antifoul colour and noticeably slow the boat down.

I don't remember remember fouling anywhere near as bad as this in the past. Anybody else had the same experience, and is this really as good as antifould gets nowadays?
Is it the weather?
Is it the record number of sewage dumpings (pun not intended) by the water works?